BREAKFAST SHAKE???

Options
fluffyfeathers
fluffyfeathers Posts: 47 Member
ANYONE HAVE A HEALTHY LOW CAL BREAKFAST SHAKE, MOM ON THE GO. SOMETHING I CAN DO AT WORK AND DRINK WHILE WORKING. ALREADY LOST 16 LBS BUT MY CALORIE INTAKE FOR BREAKFAST WITH COFFEE AND CREAMER HAS BEEN KINDA HIGH. ANY THOUGHTS??

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I generally take a thing of yogurt and a banana and them mix them up at work. But for those mornings that I run out of yogurt and bananas, I have Carnation Instant Breakfast Essentials - No Sugar Added- Rich Milk Chocolate on hand. They taste great and have only 150 calories, 16 carbs and 13 protein. If you try it, let me know what you think. They also have other flavors :smile:
  • artpar
    artpar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try EAS Advant Edge Carb control 17 g protien 110 calories great tase all flavors
  • fluffyfeathers
    fluffyfeathers Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    ALSO DO YOU STAY FULL UNTIL LUNCHTIME?
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I generally take a thing of yogurt and a banana and them mix them up at work. But for those mornings that I run out of yogurt and bananas, I have Carnation Instant Breakfast Essentials - No Sugar Added- Rich Milk Chocolate on hand. They taste great and have only 150 calories, 16 carbs and 13 protein. If you try it, let me know what you think. They also have other flavors :smile:

Those sound good. Where are they located in the grocery store?
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Try EAS Advant Edge Carb control 17 g protien 110 calories great tase all flavors

Can those be bought at Walmart?
  • cheyenne_sun
    Options
    If you have access to a blender, make a fruit-only shake. A couple of ripe bananas, a handful of frozen berries, a single date (for sweetness), and water. Very delicious, filling, and fat-free.
  • tech_sarah
    Options
    Slimfast optima shakes?
  • mattysmom
    mattysmom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Make a yogurt, granola and fruit parfait the night before and pack it with a spoon to eat while at work
  • kamsue101
    kamsue101 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite quick breakfasts that is really delicious is a container of carbsmart vanilla yogurt and about a dozen blue berries. I had one this morning and it was delicious. The yogurt is only 80 calories and the blueberries are about 15. Add an Atkins chocolate drink and you have a great breakfast that sticks with you for hours. I can't wait til we get some good strawberries so I can try that. It really is delicious.
  • jenniferolg
    jenniferolg Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have an oldy but goody recipe that I found in some doctor's weight loss book years ago: take one cup of non fat cottage cheese, 1/2 - 1 banana, and any other fruit if desired - berries being the best, plop it all into a blender, pour enough sugar free lemonade to cover, whip it up and you have a tart, fruity, high protein shake. The banana is necessary to sweeten the cottage cheese, the additional fruit is optional, but I like to use frozen mixed berries, about 1/2 cup.
  • tigger2009
    Options
    I have discovered Silk Almond Milk, Vanilla at 90 calories for 1 cup. It taste really yummy! I have used Soymilk to make a breakfast shake but this is better as it has less calories. Mix with half a banna and some yogurt & strawberries and a sprinkle of Flax meal to boost the fiber. Frozen fruit of any kind works great as it makes it frothy. I defrost the frozen fruit slightly in microwave so it breaks up good in blender. I think I will make some tonight to have for the morning!