Post Pregnancy Ladies

Options
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to see if there are any other girls out there losing the baby weight.
I'm going to try and eat as clean as possible I think with the occasional treat here and there.
What kind of exercise is everyone doing?
I get pain in my hips still so starting off with lighter exercises like swimming, cycling etc.
I want to eventually get back in the gym as I was enjoying going 4/5 days a week for an hour and half at a time.

Replies

• Kiralai
    Kiralai Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just had my daughter this summer, so I'm in the same situation as you! I'm trying to stick with some jogging and light to moderate aerobic exercise. Mine was born via c-section so I was pretty much out of commission as far as exercise goes for 2 months. :( Feel free to add me; would be nice to be fitness friends with another post pregnancy mama.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I had my twins 9 months ago. I eat as clean as I can and heavy lift 5 days a week
  • canadakim17
    canadakim17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My daughter just turned one...started out with long walks, eventually added in spinning and pilates. I try to eat clean but I have a serious sweet tooth so it doesn't usually work out for me!!! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I had my daughter 18 months ago and then I had surgery in February but I am pushing myself hard this time around I am determined.
  • hparker2
    hparker2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My daughter is now 2, so it has been a minute since I've had her, but I had lost all my prego weight fairly quickly. The biggest thing that helped me was breast feeding. I also did the elliptical almost daily and every other day i did low key weights (the crunch workout on netflix).
  • ChasingAmyLiz
    ChasingAmyLiz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I had my son 10 months ago and finally stopped just waiting for the baby weight to 'go away'. LOL

I've been watching what I eat calorie-wise, making better decisions as far as food goes and I was walking a mile a day. Now that the cold weather has hit I have been doing workout "videos". I plan on signing up for a gym membership ASAP.
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 7 weeks old and I am doing P90X. I figure go hard or go home!!! :) I also eat clean.
  • 1ocean1girl
    1ocean1girl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hola chicas :) My daughter is 6months and a little hyper bean, lol. I started logging my food; doing Zumba, S90D and just started Turbo Jam. I try to do a combination of 2 a day; I need all the help I can get lol. BUT swimming is also a GREAT cardio workout and helps you get lean without any pressure on your joints.
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    My son is 2, so it's been a while. I had to stop breast feeding after only two months, so I didn't get much of that benefit. Then I had some health issues. But once I was able to get back to me, I started out walking because I had some hip pain post pregnancy. I worked myself up to running. Now I love running and do it regularly. I also eat healthy, I try to make sure I get in all of my daily water plus some, and follow healthy eating guidelines. Once I started, I got to my pre-pregnancy weight pretty quickly, but I was overweight when I got pregnant, so I'm still plugging along :smile:
  • kellylouisexo
    kellylouisexo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome to hear from you all. I was quite lucky in early pregnancy lost weight if anything. Then spd set in and I was pretty much immobile with terrible heartburn. I ended up drinking way too much milk.
    My dad is a bodybuilder and im going to the gym for the first time 10 weeks pp, to figure out a training program with him. Its been really handy having someone point me in the right direction for eating to get lean.
    Im breastfeeding but have had to introduce formula as im back to work and wasn't getting enough to pump.
  • amandadean2413
    amandadean2413 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My son just turned 3 months yesterday and he has decided he no longer wants to breastfeed. I have tried and he just gets to frustrated. Since I have gone back to work he gets a bottle and just seems to prefer the lack of effort it takes to eat from the bottle. I will no longer be getting the weight loss benefits of breastfeeding, but I am trying to watch what I eat and to get back into my active lifestyle.
  • kmorg22
    kmorg22 Posts: 180
    Options
    My son will be 3 months old on the 17th.... nursing has helped me drop nearly 80lbs over all.... I started back with exercises like walking/jogging and now I have begun Insanity and Zumba twice a week.
  • hnuzzolilo
    hnuzzolilo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My son is 16 weeks. I have been eating well, and working out 4 time per week. I do the elipctal at the gym for 25min, some core/ab work outs (plant, leg lifts, crunches), and I do weight machines alternating arms/legs on diffrent days. I have lost 19lbs in 60 days. I have been very happy with my results.
  • Aleph13
    Aleph13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey I started walking at first as I like you had quite a bit of pelvic pain for quite a while so I went for long walks with the pram. Then I started to do yoga and pilates and use things such as cross trainer and rowing machine. I wouldn't do running until you feel 100%
  • BrandiSeth
    Options
    Hi, I just had my daughter 6 weeks ago, just started this myself. I had her by c-section but my midwife gave me the go a head to start a light exercise. So if you want add me.
  • mtiheartmuscle
    Options
    I had a son 9 months ago and I also have a 4 year old daughter. I lift heavy 4-5 days per week, build in circuit training cardio 2-3x per week and eat clean and often. :happy:
  • gypsy7sd
    Options
    Hi! I finally lost my baby weight, but I still have somewhat of the "baby belly", not huge, but its still the tiny baby bump look. I've been doing Zumba and Hip-hop Abs and walking as much as possible....as well as running around after my 3yo. I haven't changed too much about my diet, just smaller portions. I used to be vegan, so I may go back to that, I liked how healthy and clean I felt knowing that I was eating fresh fruits and veggies all the time :)
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    me me! feel free to add me, I'm looking for friends with similar goals.

I have a 10 week old daughter, and i am working on losing the baby weight -- especially the mom belly!! So far i've lost 30 of the 40lbs i've gained. I started walking as soon as i felt up to it, really doing my best to eat healthy (of course the holiday season makes that tricky!!) Also been doing pilates and 30DS (which i had amazing results with after having my son!) Good luck!
  • spm2010
    spm2010 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I had my son 2 years ago and at first the weight was falling off. Than I was put on Effexor and in 6 weeks I gained 26 pounds and that was in March of this year and it won't come off. So Im starting from scratch here hoping to finally lose the baby weight.
  • carameldownsized
    carameldownsized Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i had my son almost 3 years ago this months and only lost 30 pounds of the 50 that I had gained. I had my daughter in Febuarary and now put on 50 more pounds and only lost 20. So i have a lot of baby weight to loose but i won't stop. Please anyone add me!!!