Jamie Eason Livefit program question!

I'm thinking of starting a new workout program called Jamie Eason's Livefit 12 week trainer, which is on bodybuilding.com.
The first month, you do no cardio, only lifting. You incorporate cardio way later in the program. I know that you do no cardio in the beginning to gain more muscle and whatnot, but my question is does that mean I still eat at my 1500 calorie deficit? Will it prevent muscle growth if I eat at my deficit? I'm confused about it, because I hear you can't gain muscle unless you eat more than you burn.. but I'm also thinking that is the entire reason for no cardio in the first phase. To preserve your calories for your muscles instead of burning them. This is a fat loss program, afterall. Anyone?

Replies

• 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    You don't eat at a deficit... Especially on that high!
    In the program the first 4 weeks are the only ones without cardio. :-) you are starting to lift and need EXTrA healthy calories to build your muscle. She doesn't have you start any type of real cal counting until the end of phase 2 I believe (I'm in week 7)

She wants you to build to bring up your BMR plus you look better at the end with some muscle tone :-)
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Her rear is my motivation. I must look this up!
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    If you watch the videos Jamie tells you it takes 3500 cals to make muscle. That is 3500 OVER what you would use in your daily life plus covering what you burn during the workout.
    Some women lose weight the first 4 weeks but it seems most gain (ccaused by inflammation, water retention, and muscle as Jamie talks about in a video as well)
    It's a great program! I haven't been using a scale yet but have lost many many inches so far and my pics from the first phase show progress. Take before pics and measurements, those are better than the scale anyway!
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    You'd be missing the point of 'building muscle' while in the beggining. You have to have a surplus for that.
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    I would recommend following her meal plan that she lays out in the program and not worrying so much about the calories - instead focus on portions and quality of food. She does a great job of laying out what types of foods and how to group them for each meal to give the best results.