lol that made my day :)
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    You only said the world was coming to and end....not the end of and cupcakes

The Mayans were well known to be cupcake freaks. They likely didn't see a difference.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    The end of cupcakes is the same thing as the end of the world, in my book.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Actually they never said the world would end. It's just the end of their calendar (they probably ran out of space on the rock ;)).
    Our calendar ends every year and it has never been a problem.
    Don't worry, the cupcakes are safe ;).
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    The end of cupcakes is the same thing as the end of the world, in my book.
    Same goes with my book
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    there was no leap year in the mayan calendar so in actuality the world should've ended last october...plus i was led to believe that when all else failed there would be cockroaches and twinkies
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Actually I believe there is also supposed to be a major solar flare around the time the world is supposed to end that just might wipe out communication and power every where.

However I have lost count of how many times in my life the world was going to end.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Actually they never said the world would end. It's just the end of their calendar (they probably ran out of space on the rock ;)).

Joke.
    Your head.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    The Mayans believed in re-incarnation. The end of their calendar isn't the end of the world, but signified a new beginning. At that point you are simply supposed to go back to the beginning of the calendar and start over. That, and they ran out of room on the stupid rock....
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options

I want to hug you.

My mom is on the "world end" obsession frenzy. Its driving me bonkers.

I keep trying to explain this, but she is set in her mind. smh.

and lets all pray someone adopts the poor abandoned hostess factory. maybe they can remake them hfcs free.
  • jpaw1002
    jpaw1002 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    that made me giggle.

"HEY?! WHERE'S THE CREME FILLING?!"
  • iampanda
    iampanda Posts: 176 Member
    Options

I like this answer :) Also, I saw once that the Mayans did not take leap year into account, since it was put into affect after their calendar... so the world would've ended quite a while ago.
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    HA!!!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Actually they didn't say the world was going to end at all, they just ran out of room to make more days :P
  • Laurieann137
    Laurieann137 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I just came back from visiting a Mayan temple (Chichen Itza) 3 days ago. Trust me when I say...your cupcakes are safe!! The people on here are right...it is just then end of a cycle. However our guide did say to pay for our vacation on credit card just in case...then you get a free vacation!! haha!!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    there was no leap year in the mayan calendar so in actuality the world should've ended last october...plus i was led to believe that when all else failed there would be cockroaches and twinkies

Nope, no more Twinkies now. Hostess is shutting down. :sad:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

Nope, no more Twinkies now. Hostess is shutting down. :sad:

Yup and actually I don't know if you all remember, that guy Harold Camping? He actually took his prediction from the Mayan calender, he took out the leap years and slapped October 21, 2011 the world was going to end. But this was after many of other failed predictions of course. Never trust a false prophet lol.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    ripl.jpg
  • symkat
    symkat Posts: 70
    Options
    Ok when everybody started saying that the world was going to end on my 42nd birthday I was like "Meh, whatever. the world already ended in 2000 anyway." but this twinkie thing is just un-freaking-acceptable!!!