30 challenge on EA Sports Active for Wii

Options
Has anyone done the 30 day challenge of EA Active for Wii? Just wondering if it really works or not and what kind of results have you had.

Replies

• bigwheels28
    bigwheels28 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It is a great way to maintain and tone your body. The intensity factor is nice too, and it really pushes you...so yes I have used it and love it!!
  • kingnatalie
    kingnatalie Posts: 163
    Options
    Agreed, used it and loved it, lost weight, toned a lot, built endurance to be able to workout longer. I now own EA Sports More Workouts - and love that as well.
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I agree to I have both,I love it!
  • imdamom
    imdamom Posts: 42
    Options
    I am half way through my first 30 Day Challenge. I only have it set on low intensity this time but it still really gives a good workout. I love that you can modify a routine by deleting exercises that you can't do like jumps if you have knee problems. There is a wide variety of exercises and some of them don't even seem like exercises like the volleyball and tennis. I like that it alternates the intensity, you might run then do bicep curls, then lunges, then run again so it keeps your body guessing. I love the feedback it gives you. During the 30 Day Challenge, I feel like I am being held accountable. With some workout games or dvd's, you don't feel guilty if you miss a workout, they just don't hold you accountable. With EA Sports, I find that I show up for every on day because I feel like I would be letting my "trainer" down if I didn't. When I finish this 30 day cycle, I am going to do it again on the next level. Of all my Wii workouts, it's quite possibly my favorite. I am really looking forward to the 2.0 version they are releasing this fall with the wireless wrist and leg controls (no more leg band!!!).
  • bikergirl10
    Options
    Thank you everyone for you comments. This helps a lot!!!
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'd love to try it. I use the Wii fit, but it's annoying that there's so much down time between exercises. Is this different? I'll go get it because I'm a little bored right now with my workout, so which one do you guys recommend?
    Thanks, Karin
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I love the EA Sports. I am in my first 30 day challenge at the medium level and I love it. It pushes me because you can't opt out of completing the reps once you start the exersize. The variety is fun and it is really motivational. I like it better than wii fit but wii fit plus is fun too. EA Sports is my fav.
  • Sbozek123
    Sbozek123 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 10 of my 30 day challenge, and even though I have it set on low intensity, I'm sweating buckets! I cannot believe how hard it can be doing lunges and those inline skate jumps and side to side jumps are killing me! However, I can say that I find myself not even wanting a rest day - I just want to keep pushing and seeing progress!
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Wii EA Sports Active last week and I am totally in love!! Only on the 4th workout of the 30 day challenge... but could not be happier. It has my recommendation.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I've completed a full 30 Day Challenge on Medium and I did part of a second one on hard. Then I bought More Workouts and I'm 2/3 of the way through the 6 Week Challenge on there on medium. I've seen great results with it, most of the weight I lost has been while doing the challenge. I also do the elliptical 2 times a week and I started the 30 Day Shred 2 weeks ago. Overall, I really like it and I think it's a great tool for getting someone into a cardio and strength routine. I love EA Sports Active, I plan to keep using it as I lose weight, maybe not as much as in the beginning, but it's still a good 30 minute workout.