100lbs Down

Options
2»

Replies

• bartman52
    bartman52 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats on hitting 100!!! It is a great feeling. I also know what you mean by not seeing the difference. The change in clothes size and all the other measurements (BF%, inches, weight, heart rate etc...) is what keeps me going. Those are real.
  • TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Awesome accomplisment!
  • LMP18
    LMP18 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! Congrats! I totally can relate to the clothes thing. I am down 73 lbs and I dont really see a difference but I know others do. Crazy how our mind can mess with us like that! Keep up the great work!
  • 27stoneofidiot
    27stoneofidiot Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    In April 2012 I damaged my knee playing badminton, didn't
    take the hint, kept going back, kept damaging my knee until I
    ended up in hospital with a torn cartilage and a completely ruptured ACL, I still wasn't taking the hint though.

On June 11th 2012 I left a job that I hated and vowed to take
    control of all aspects of my life. My new office is literally
    400 yards from the gym that I had been a member of for about
    4 years but hadn't set foot in for at least 2 years so back
    to the gym I went. I started going back everyday, a little
    bit of cardio and lifting a few weights. I downloaded MFP to keep an eye on my intake. I started seeing a personal trainer for a bit of advice and rehab for my knee this is where things really start to take off. He is a Chek practitioner and we talked about everything, stress levels, diet, exercise. I started to aim to eat 50% protein and found that my sugar and starchy carb cravings disappeared. I haven't drunk alcohol for over 6 months, don't miss it either. No cakes, chocolate, crisps, cookies for 6 months, my biggest guilty pleasure nowadays is a handful of dried fruit. 

Motivation. My other half is so supportive and tells me to get my *kitten* to the gym when I don't want to. I have myself goals since day one, 20lbs by next hospital appointment, 50lbs by friend's BBQ, that sort of thing and its that that keeps me focused. I'm getting married in April and I'm determined to not hate the photos, like I hate every other photo of me that has been taken, so that's what gets me to the gym 3times a week and to the pool 4 times a week.

I have a long way to go yet and as my PT pointed out last week, as daft as it sounds you've done the easy bit its get harder from here on in but I will do it.

Once again thank you for all your kind words and encouragement.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! I cant wait to hit this milestone next week!

And i sometimes look in the mirror and cant see the difference either. My husband thinks im crazy!
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment! I just got there last weekend myself. Isn't it such a great feeling?!
  • 27stoneofidiot
    27stoneofidiot Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's a brilliant feeling, I keep mentally telling myself its more than a quarter of my start weight and that really freaks me out. Can't imagine how I'll feel when I've lost half my start weight.
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Pom poms waving! YOU DID IT! Great job and excellent commitment to your goals. You are an inspiration. Thanks for sharing!
  • aStrongerSteph
    aStrongerSteph Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Great accomplishment! :)
  • kenziestx
    Options
    Wow, great job! 100 pounds in 5 months doesn't even sound possible. I've been at it for 3 months and only down 12 lbs, although I'm going to weigh in today when I get to a scale. I'm hoping for a big jump since I've been pushing really hard for the last 2 weeks with the cardio. Congratulations and keep up the good work. I know you are going to love your wedding photos!
  • Abrowe313
    Abrowe313 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    good job man! im closing in on the 100 pound mark myself for the second and last time in my life!!! keep up the good work!
  • simplyshrinking
    simplyshrinking Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job! Such an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!