AWESOME OATMEAL!!!

Options
chelsey787
chelsey787 Posts: 261
So, i'm a really big fan of oatmeal and i'm constantly trying to think of new ways to mix it up :happy: so i came up with this today and it was so super creamy and soooo filling! i couldn't even eat the entire bowl!

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal

1/2 cup quaker oatmeal (not instant):happy:
1/2 banana, mashed
1 tbsp. peanut butter
1 cup water

Mix all of the ingredients together in a microwavable bowl, and cook for approximately 1 min 30 sec to 2 min.

Here's the nutritional breakdown:

calories: 300
fat: 11.3 g
sodium: 33.1 mg
carbs: 43.8 g
fiber: 6.4 g
sugars: 2 g
protein: 9.6 g

this is kind of a high fat/cal breakfast but i feel like i am going to be full well into the late afternoon!!!

Replies

• chelsey787
    Options
    So, i'm a really big fan of oatmeal and i'm constantly trying to think of new ways to mix it up :happy: so i came up with this today and it was so super creamy and soooo filling! i couldn't even eat the entire bowl!

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal

1/2 cup quaker oatmeal (not instant):happy:
    1/2 banana, mashed
    1 tbsp. peanut butter
    1 cup water

Mix all of the ingredients together in a microwavable bowl, and cook for approximately 1 min 30 sec to 2 min.

Here's the nutritional breakdown:

calories: 300
    fat: 11.3 g
    sodium: 33.1 mg
    carbs: 43.8 g
    fiber: 6.4 g
    sugars: 2 g
    protein: 9.6 g

this is kind of a high fat/cal breakfast but i feel like i am going to be full well into the late afternoon!!!
  • ecabrera
    ecabrera Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I, too, am a fan of quaker oatmeal. I've tried it with water vs. 1% milk and did not like it at all. I will try w/the banana and peanut butter tomorrow. Sounds delicious. I agree I feel full a lot longer w/oatmeal for breakfast. Thanks again.
  • robynlee
    robynlee Posts: 13
    Options
    all my favorite foods!!! Can't wait to try it!!!:tongue:
  • robynlee
    robynlee Posts: 13
    Options
    adding maple syrup or honey to plain oatmeal also makes it delic .as well!
  • Doozie
    Doozie Posts: 53
    Options
    I eat oatmeal every morning, I put 1/4 cup of walnuts in for a protein boost. It does up the calories a bit though but it is worth it after a work out.
    I will try the peanut butter tomorrow morning! Thanks for the tip. :smile:
  • dancer33
    dancer33 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!!!
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Yum:happy: My fav. breakfast foods into one!!! Thanks for the idea
  • Jenna423
    Jenna423 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    OOOO, I love peanut butter :love: , I never thought of putting it in my oatmeal! I might leave out the banana though...:embarassed: Thanks for the idea! :flowerforyou:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    If you're not a fan of Quaker oatmeal, try Hodgson Mills Oat Bran cereal. It's made from steel cut oats, plus it gives you six grams fiber and six grams of protein. I like to make it with soy milk and add craisins or raisins to it WHILE it cooks. Sooo yummy!
    They also have a Multigrain cereal with flaxseed and soy that is similar in nutrition.
  • IndigoElectron
    IndigoElectron Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I used to have peanut butter in my oatmeal too but stopped for some reason. I may try this again, because my normal oatmeal with berries doesn't keep me full for long (I usually have a boiled egg too).
  • Meriller
    Meriller Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like to do the oatmeal breakfast too, when I'm being good and actually eat breakfast...
    So bad for that!

When I do though, I cut up apple into small bits, and sprinkle cinnamon for some flavour.
    I've posted this before, but incase anyone hasn't seen it, it's really good!
    The apple adds sweetness and the cinnamon a burst of flavour - apples are way less in calories, and no added sugars and fats!
  • chelsey787
    Options
    i did that yesterday! haha - it was so good!
  • IndigoElectron
    IndigoElectron Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I just made this but used milk and also added some berries - it was so filling, I can hardly move! :laugh: Really yummy too :happy: