Protein Cheesecake

Options
Cindy311
Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
This is a yogurt based recipe. The cake will lose whey once it's cut. I've found using 2 teaspoons of wondra flour helps out with this but doesn't stop it completely. You do not have to use the wondra flour but expect liquid on the bottom of your cheesecake plate.

The cake will jiggle slightly after it's finished baking. If you are worried about it not being completely cooked use a kitchen thermometer and the reading should be right around 200 degrees F.

For pan prep:

8 inch spring form pan
non-stick cooking spray
parchment paper

For Cake:

2 8 oz containers fat free cream cheese
1 cup splenda
1 32-35 oz (4 cups) container fat free Greek yogurt
1 whole egg
3 egg whites
1.5 scoops (45 grams) protein powder of your choice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons wondera flour (optional)

Bring cream cheese, yogurt, and eggs to room temperature if you want to make for sure your cheesecake stays lump free.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Spray spring form pan with cooking spray, use a paper towel to make for sure pan is evenly and completely coated. Next line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper. Once again use the spray and paper towel to make for sure all of the inside surface is covered.

1. Beat cream cheese until smooth.
2. Add splenda into cream cheese, mix well.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, until they are incorporated.
4. Add in yogurt, mix well.
5. Add vanilla and salt.
6. Add protein powder and wondra flour if using, blend until just incorporated.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan. Place in oven, bake for 30 minutes. When the timer goes off, turn the oven down to
200 degrees, cover cake, and bake for an additional hour. After this hour take the cover off of the cake, crack the
oven door and allow cake to cool completely in oven. Once cooled take the cake out and run a knife around the edge to
completely loosen it from the pan. Remove ring, place cake on a plate and put it in the fridge to chill. After the cake has
chilled thoroughly, invert it onto a plate so the bottom of the pan and parchment paper can be removed. Slice cake into 8
pieces and enjoy.

This is just the base recipe.

I've used an additional teaspoon of chosen extracts to add flavor (like lemon, orange, or almond)
To make chocolate 2 to 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder.
For marble, take out half of the batter and mix with cocoa powder. Put the plain vanilla into the pan, top with the chocolate, and use a butter knife to swirl.

Per Slice:
Calories 179
Carbs 13
Fat 1
Protein 26
Sugar 9

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    The cake will lose whey once it's cut.

wut?
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Do you think it would work well if a regular glass pie dish was used??? Don't have a spring form pie mold...
  • eatrainsmile
    eatrainsmile Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Do you think it would work well if a regular glass pie dish was used??? Don't have a spring form pie mold...

I think so. I made a similar yogurt and whey based cheesecake last week on a glass pie dish and it came out perfect.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Nice!

Planning a test-run this weekend, I have mocha cappuccino protein powder, so that should be interesting. Maybe I'll throw in a very small handful of dark chocolate chips. Mmmm :smooched:
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    bump
  • YcatsFursworth
    YcatsFursworth Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    bump to save! sounds nummy!
  • jjj1988
    jjj1988 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it in a glass pie dish but it's a pretty large amount of batter! :0) Oh, whey is the watery stuff in yogurt.
  • Corjogo
    Corjogo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    wow!! Sounds Greaeat!!
  • Crazy_Diet_Mom
    Options
    Sounds good, thank you : )