I have no idea wht to drink when i go out

Options

Replies

• RichardWhitman
    RichardWhitman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    As G&T's go, while Gin has a great alcohol to calorie ratio, Tonic has a few. About 11 calories per ounce. Three G&T's could easily get you 100 calories of tonic. And in my opinion, diet Tonic is too vile to be worth it.
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Since you're going with clear alcohol, may I recommend Gin & Tonic? My fav beverage, and for some reason everyone gives me weird looks when I order it like I'm an old man or something.

So, out of pure self interest, I want everyone to start drinking gin so bars carry a better selection and I stop getting confused looks from everyone at the bar. Cheers!
    I'm with you on the gin and tonics. Often when I go out I order vodka tonics instead because most places have a better selection of vodka than gin. I think I will start getting vodka sodas instead because tonic has a surprising amount of sugar and calories (I don't do diet drinks.). Not sure if soda would work with gin, I'll save my tonics for when I can get a good gin :drinker:

Back to the OP, if you really want beer save up calories for a good beer that you actually like. You will not be satisfied with a crap light beer.
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    It's recommended that you stay away from alcohol as much as possible. Lots of empty calories.
    If you have to drink it's recommended that you drink red wine/white wine or hard alcohol straight up. U can try mixing it with water or diet tonic and a lime to dilute it's potency if needed.

Good luck!!!!!
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    It's not less expensive but I usually stick to red wine. :)
  • ewestsca
    ewestsca Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Since you're going with clear alcohol, may I recommend Gin & Tonic? My fav beverage, and for some reason everyone gives me weird looks when I order it like I'm an old man or something.

So, out of pure self interest, I want everyone to start drinking gin so bars carry a better selection and I stop getting confused looks from everyone at the bar. Cheers!

I love a good Gin & Tonic. Also it can be sipped without it tasting nasty by the end of the drink.
    I also drink Red wine .. but only 2 glasses at the most.
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I always get a vodka tonic with lime
  • jenguhl
    Options
    Rum & diet coke is a low cal option, too.
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I do beam & either diet coke or coke zero. I'm a lightweight so it's one shot of beam to a can of soda. low cal and tastes great. But i also only drink about once a month (if that).
  • bail8gent
    Options
    Vodka and Sugar Free Red Bull - Like others have recommended- Low cal as well
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    busch light
  • jeffryjirraf
    jeffryjirraf Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    gin and slimline! classy and not calorific.

Gets you smashed too
  • peanutbutterpretzels
    Options
    I'm going out tonight! I have 625 calories just for it, and I plan on having FUN xD I hate most beers, but cider and wine are alright. So my favorite drinks are typically

Any of the drinks below with diet coke, diet sprite, or diet cherry coke or just straight
    -Whiskey (favorite)
    -Vodka
    -Absinthe and directly after cider
    -Bourbon
    -Rum
    -Gin
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    a spirit + non calorie mixer is what I do.

examples:
    vodka + sugar free redbull
    voda + club soda + lime + splash of cranberry juice (neglegible increase in calories from the cranberry)
    whiskey + diet coke
    dark rum + diet coke
    any of the above + water

i realize spirits are more expensive, but i don't really drink beer.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I always get a vodka tonic with lime

tonic is not calorie free, unless you're asking for diet tonic and they have it....
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    If I go out, I always order beer because I know the exact serving size. Mixed drinks and even wine are always a guessing game depending on the bartender. I used to appreciate a heavy hand...

With that said, Michelob Ultra, mainly because it's light beer that I like- if I'm going to drink, I want to enjoy it.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    My drunkard self HAD to reply to this.
    I Love beer like no other but, yeah it makes me fat. I'm sad about not being able to drink it. (I'm abstainingfor a while until I fit back into my pants!)

While trying to not gain weight or trying to lose weight, if I want to drink, I stick to a liquor and soda water.

Vodka + soda, whiskey + soda. Apparently Jameson has no carbs! (woo!)

Flavored vodka and club soda is great. Blueberry & Soda is my fav! Add lemons to whiskey & soda: look awesome at the bar.

If you can stand diet soda, you can try vodka and diet or whiskey and diet.

I *think* Bacardi O (orange flavored bacardi) has no carbs in it.
    :::Please don't flame me if I'm wrong, I haven't studied this for ages ::::: I just know what works for me.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    busch light

She said she wanted to drink. I don't think she meant just water ;)
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    busch light

She said she wanted to drink. I don't think she meant just water ;)

it is brewed with the finest water from heaven
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    vodka soda with lime.
    about 70 calories.