Need advise on exercise

Options
Ive, lost over 30# so far by just diet mainly but am starting to level out. I know I need to exercize and have free wights and a bench. I also have a treadmill. I dont have any Idea where to start. how long do I need to spend on the treadmill, what other cardio if any should i do. what execises should i do with the wieghts,how many reps,how do i find out my workout wieght.ect. I am on a 1900 calorie diet. do I need to change that. there is prolly much more I need to know. If I could get a few tips to put together it would be a great help!! thanks!

Replies

• SergeiKay
    SergeiKay Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest going here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/guides/
    and pick any plan you like really. but i guess almost all of them would be targeting people who go to a gym facility.
    google home workouts. if you're just looking to loose weight and don't care much about building muscle, really anything will do.

As far as cardio on a treadmill, if you are planning on staying at the calorie intake level as you said, i'd say moderate pace cardio for half hour to an hour daily would be fine as a starting point, til you figure out what works for you.

Keeping in mind that you want to stay at 1900 cals, i would recommend anything HIIT-based, this is just from personal experience, any kind of intense interval training makes one really hungry :)

but really, man, any kind of home workout that would allow you to expand more calories during the day would ease you out of a plateau.
  • SergeiKay
    SergeiKay Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    oh, also forgot about the workout weight question.

it's trial and error kind of a thing.
    for example, let's say you've picked a workout routine and doing a dumbbell bench press exercise. you'd eye-ball how much you think you can press and try it. able to do the assigned number of reps (usually 8-12) just fine and still feel like you can do more reps? bump up the weight next set. over time doing that you'll find your comfort zone limits.
  • Ericaalicia0608
    Ericaalicia0608 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Gymjunkies.com has some great workouts for their 30 day challenge to follow. There is some you can do at home that just uses body weight. There is a diet plan as well but I just stick to my own calorie intake and follow the workouts. :)
  • StaceyJ2008
    StaceyJ2008 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Add some plyometrics.
  • bsracer
    bsracer Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you all very much! Call me stupid but Stacey, I have no Idea what plyometrics is/are lol, but am very willing to learn! so if you would like to enlighten me I would appreciate it!! lol
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    http://artofmanliness.com/2010/05/21/beginners-guide-to-plyometrics/

I didn't know about plyometrics either.... God bless Google!!