P90x or Jillian Micheals 30 day shred?

Options
rkascak
rkascak Posts: 224 Member
I really want to invest in a workout video. I would like to start with either Jillian Micheals 30 day shred, or the P90x program. So anyone have any advice on which one to buy?

also i saw jillian micheals 30 day shred for about $12 dollars, is that a good deal? I also saw a complete body package of Jillian micheals 30 day shred, Banish fat boost metabolism, and no more trouble zones for 29.96

Replies

• Brenna
    Brenna Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    P90X is over 100 (if I recalll correctly) is an hour a day, has a specific eating plan, has much more variety, and is a much larger committment. You can get 30 day shred for under 10 bucks, its 30 minutes a day, etc.

I would recommend trying the less expensive (Jilian's) to see if you like it. It's a great work out and you can pair it with your own eating plan. Then, after doing that for 30- you could move into the P90X and its more weightlifting and advanced workout.
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    im with you on the p90x that is the best one :)
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    P90X is a very intense program. You should be ready to commit to working out at least 1 hour/6 days per week. One of those days is 90 minutes of intense yoga. The nutrition plan needs to be followed as closely as possible to get the best results - but you can still modify it. You'll need weights up to at least 20 lbs. (or resistance bands) and a pull up bar. The program is $120 before shipping & handling charges. Are you ready to commit to this kind of program? If so, then go for it! I've completed 2 rounds of it. I'm also a Beachbody Coach and you can order from my site. The link is on my profile page. :o)

On the other hand, I've heard that Jillian's 30 day shred was a good workout. I personally haven't done it though. I would say to probably start out with Jillian and build a fitness foundation first if you aren't used to working out. It costs less, though you still need to be commited to the program in order to get results. If the workouts are shorter, you may like that better.

It's totally up to you and what you're willing to commit to! Good luck!!
  • dani41
    dani41 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have both and both are good, but this is like comparing apples and oranges. You should make this choice based off of what your fitness goal is. P90X is way more intense and takes a true commitment. The 30 Day Shred can do a lot for you in 20 minutes but isn't as intense. Both are worth the money.
  • emhong1
    emhong1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I LOVE the Jillian Michaels workouts. I heard that the P90x videos are really tough and you need to be at a higher fitness level to even do them.

I have all three Jillian videos and you definitely get a really good workout from them. They are pretty intense as well, but doable. Plus its not as big of an investment.
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I would also like to add that there are three different versions of P90X you can do. All three versions are layed out in the workout guide. For the money....P90X would be your best investment. It can be used over and over and over ... as many times as you want to do it. Not sure what type of progression the 30-Day Shred has (if any).

You also wouldn't have to buy the pull up bar for P90X. I installed a mechanism (ok, so it's just a very sturdy plant hook!!!) in one of the vertical wall beams in my basement, loop my resistance band over it and do pull downs, rather than pull ups. If you go with that option, just make sure you put the hook high enough up so that when you do the pull downs, the band won't slip off the hook and whack you in the face! lol. Mine is about 7 ft. high.
  • ashlieh4048
    ashlieh4048 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Here's what i did.
    Invest in the 30 day Shred. (COMPLETELY worth 10 bucks at walmart)
    Then after 30 days invest in p90x (COMPLETELY worth the money also, :])
    With p90x though, they reccomend you finish a less intense workout program
    before you move on up to the real deal p90x..
    30 day shred is perfect for that :]
  • Al77
    Al77 Posts: 47
    Options
    I absolutely love Jillian Michaels and 30 day shred, perfect start. However, after about a week I felt that wasn't enough.
    I got the NO more trouble zones and I LOVE it. 50 mins, its great. I don't have the time or willpower for p90x, LOL
  • Janiceburke
    Janiceburke Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think the main question to ask is What are you up for!?! I have and use 30 day shred! And I think it is a great work out exp when you don't have tons of time to dedicate to working out! But I have heard and seen GREAT results from PX90....but everyone I know says its intense and some people that buy it as there first work out say its too much for them! But hey its your body, your money and your time! I got 30 day shred for 10 bucks at walmart. Mainly cuz I don't have the money or the time to do Long work outs. But I also use an elliptical for extra cardio with it! 30 day shred has 3 diff levels So it is great for beginiers or advance! Good Luck! Hope you find something that works for you and you stay COMMITTED! THATS MOST IMPORTANT. I log my work outs on Beachbody.com, If you would like to join me there we could keep eachother motivated and you always have a chance to win everytime you log your work out! :)