Break from dairy?

Options
I'm VERY far from being vegan, but I think I want to give this a try. I have a friend who lost like 30 pounds just by cutting dairy out, and I'm not going to lie- I'm curious. She said it made her feel a lot healthier, too. So I think I'm going to go the rest of the week without it (I had a string cheese and nonfat latte already today, but we'll start now. Haha). Is anyone willing to join me? It would make this a lot easier!!!

Replies

• kellycrow
    kellycrow Posts: 140
    Options
    I have been dairy free for over 2 years now... it isn't as hard as you think!! I DO miss cheese a little, but there are substitutes. And really, fresh, raw veggies & fruit have never tasted better!!!
    Good luck!!!
  • CaitlinEats
    CaitlinEats Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    What a funny coincidence! I am getting back on the no-dairy wagon as of today, too. I was so much healthier when I was vegan (although i don't blame my weight gain on being non-vegan). I did not really crave cheese after the first week or two.

Anyway, I am curious to see if this will help bump me off this plateau I'm on. I'm not going back to 100% vegan, just no dairy (and I am already a vegetarian, so I guess the only animal products I will be eating are eggs).

Let me know how it works for you! Good luck! :)
  • perrim
    perrim Posts: 117
    Options
    I have heard lots of good things about eliminating dairy...for weight loss, for general good health (it's the most mucus forming food, so if you have conjestion issues, it would definitely help). From my own research (and what I've heard from other nutritionists), is that goat dairy is ok because it's easier for humans to digest. I have eliminated most dairy, but I love goat cheese and I still put it on my salads.

With that all said, if you want to see if no dairy makes a difference in your diet, you need to be willing to try it for at least 2-4 weeks before you will notice if your body responds positively to the change. Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!