I reached my first goal!!!

Options
I used to be a dedicated jogger a little before I got pregnant. I wondered if I could still jog 20 minutes straight without one stopping point because I just had my baby 2 weeks and 2 days ago. Well, I just went to the gym and I CAN DO IT!!! I was running and I could feel my toe nails bending backwards (ICK!!!) because my toe nails have grown out so long and feet got bigger but those are my only running shoes. But even with the burning and toenails bending backwards, I kept going with no pauses. I started out at 4.0 speed and stayed 4.0 speed. It may not be that fast, but it's a pretty good jogging speed. When I took off my shoes my pinky toes were pouring blood. But you know what? I DID IT!!!!

Replies

• banks89202
    Options
    Awesome! Your doing so good, I hate that about your toes ouch!! Your amazing!
  • Sprmc47
    Sprmc47 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    So proud of you!!! WTG!!!
  • Ginger_Poomkin
    Ginger_Poomkin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! :D
  • Stinaa91
    Stinaa91 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    awesome job! I hope your toes get better!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I can't even walk that fast so yes you are doing GREAT!
  • pilatemom
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! It means a lot!! :)
  • rickygiddo
    Options
    Great job! If you can do that after having a baby that is pretty amazing.
  • aliceyb2
    Options
    Great Job!!
    :happy:
  • fit4life76
    fit4life76 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow, 2 weeks after having your baby? That's amazing! Please be careful though, you're still healing:) Don't want you to hurt yourself!
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, the feeling of accomplishment. Awesome. I am so happy for you!!! Way to go, girl!!!
  • Gemalar
    Gemalar Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Well done,

I used to run alot, have even done 3 half marathons, but sadly an injury which required lots of physio left me unable to do my usual work out for a long time which is when bad habits started to creep in and the weight started to hop on.

I work in a sporting environment so huffing and puffing around just wont cut it. Im slowly building up my time n speed when Im on the treadmill, hopefully ill hit the 20min mark like you did soon :D

Seriously tho well done.
  • blueeyedrunner71
    blueeyedrunner71 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    :drinker: "OUCH” LOL :happy:
    THAT’S AWSOME!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!
    I'm also a jogger and just started back 2months ago
    After three months of not running due to an injury.
    As for myself today I also reached a goal, I started speed
    Work on the treadmill a week ago and today did my first straight hr... :happy
    1ST 30MINS WENT 5.9
    2ND 30MINS WENT 6.0
    CALS BURNED USEING HEART MONITOR WATCH 1,014
    :drinker: CONGRATS TO US BOTH:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!