Failing :-(

Options
Hi all, I am looking some new motivating friends. At my best I'd lost 44lbs this has taken a huge step backwards to around 34lbs. I need to stop the downward spiral but struggling to make that first step!!! Please help

Gem xx

Replies

• rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. It's not a failure until you give up.
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Youre not a failure by any stretch. You still lost 34 even if it's a step backwards. Youre still here trying to do this and doing it well. Keep at it and add me away as a friend. Glad to be here!
  • SIMBA7860
    Options
    me too failed again. but starting tomorrow back on the wagon
  • shana_phoenix83
    shana_phoenix83 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same exact boat. I've gained about 7-10 back and I'm wanting to get past this hump. I'm self-sabotaging big-time. Add me if you'd like.
  • punkinkat
    punkinkat Posts: 85 Member
    Options

/\ /\ This!!!

Three months ago, I would have said that was a load of crap but I really do believe it now!
    Best of luck to you; feel free to add me if you like :)
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options

Exactly what she said. Feel free to send me a request, you'll get through this
  • chigau_me
    Options
    you can add me, i log every day and like to support people :)
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I log every day and try to help my friends stay motivated and positive.
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Feel Free to add, I am on everyday and I motivate everyone!!
  • johnny059qn
    johnny059qn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You haven't failed anything until you stop trying!!

You are in it for the long haul.

Add me if you want!
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Fall down 7 times, get up 8
  • knockout3737
    knockout3737 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Every one of us gains back weight at times, its not failing at all... i went from 186 to 168 and was very happy. BUT i am now back at 186 due to some splurging :-(. We all go through it. You can do it, feel free to add me :-)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

:love:
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards... post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweaks over time seem to work best or at least better than butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We all fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support each other
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile. :)
    I don't wish people good luck, I never had it and don't need it! Luck doesn't get you through this... hard work does!
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    You have not failed, you just fell down. Good for you for getting up again. You can do it.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am looking some new motivating friends. At my best I'd lost 44lbs this has taken a huge step backwards to around 34lbs. I need to stop the downward spiral but struggling to make that first step!!! Please help

Gem xx

I felt this way especially when I started this journey. Amazingly I still feel this way at times even in maintenance when everyone tells me I shouldn't. We are all human. We have good days and bad days, all of our lives. The tools you find and use to get out of a funk will serve you the rest of your life, and you will always need them. I call it sharpening your sword for battle and you will always need to keep your blade sharp for the rest of your life. We may get to relax at times for a few moments, but life is a bit of work until the end.

There is nothing easy about this journey. Don't give up. Keep your eye on the prize. You do not have to be perfect to do this. You just have to have more good days than not. A bad day is not the end of the world. Tomorrow is a new day. Just pick it right up again. Be kind to yourself at all times and never beat yourself up.

Being on a calorie deficit is hard. You can't do this journey on will power alone. You must set up your environment for success. Have a team around you in your real life, not just online. Get trigger foods out of the house. It will take some sacrifice and it's not easy. You might have to say no to some social events sometimes.

Too many changes at once can be hard on some people. I've always eaten healthy so it easy for me to simply eat less. Eating at a calorie deficit is hard on people; even a small deficit puts your body in a state of flux with hormones and such. Everyone is different. Some people can handle a deeper calorie deficit than others, this is not right or wrong, it just is. Stress in your life affects your hunger hormones; lack of sleep, fatigue, job stress, family stress, financial stress, etc. Add in emotional eating issues and it gets even more complicated. Most people can only handle so much change/stress at once, they try to do too much and fail. Sometimes it might be a better strategy to eat at maintenance and make some small changes first, it really depends on how much stress you are taking in at the moment.

For me it's all about a calorie budget. I had less of a budget available when I was losing weight, more to spend now that I'm maintaining and all the tools I used for weight loss come into play for the rest of my life maintaining.

When you have accumulated excess fat, you have accumulated a debt. It is hard to pay off the debt (you have less calories to spend). If you are sitting next to someone your same gender and height and they are not overweight and you are, they get to eat more than you (have more calories to spend) because they are debt free. You have less calories to spend because you are paying off your debt.
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Would love to be your friend! You'll get back on track-- tomorrow is another day :)
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    ...nevermind
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options

:heart: feel free to add me!
  • GemUK84
    GemUK84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thank you much for all your motivating words!!!! Requests will be sent out shortly :-) time to change the direct from down to up on the weightloss!!!!! xx