Any cosplayers out there?

Options
Other than being healthy, my main motivation to lose weight is to cosplay. I love making costumes and getting to wear them. I want to be able to go to a convention and have people look at all the hard work I put into my costume instead of focusing on the fact that I'm too fat to look like the character i'm cosplaying. Just curious to see if anyone else on here cosplays :)

Replies

• RobKarmic
    RobKarmic Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    No but along the same lines I want to look good in my clothes
  • sapphireswi
    sapphireswi Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Oh Yes !!!
    I love anime . .i've dressed as Kikiyo from Inu yasha, Millfeulle from Galaxy angels and Mr jackal from getbackers
    yes I totally agree some of the elements like tall boots and short skirts look way cuter if you are thinner
  • 00Mia
    00Mia Posts: 9
    Options
    I love Kikiyo and Inuyasha <3
  • Faericn_Rising
    Options
    :noway:
  • Hungrygirl88
    Options
    I haven't done that, but I would love to! I think it would be sooo cool to dress as Bulma...or Chi Chi...even maybe a girl Goku. bwahahaha
  • sapphireswi
    sapphireswi Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I love Kikiyo and Inuyasha <3

I'd love to play Ciel from black butler . . .
    and get one of my taller friends to be Sebastion and say "Yes my lord " to me all the time :laugh:

What characters are u planning on?? What are ur favorites??
  • chinatbag
    chinatbag Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I just want to fit into clothes like this:

Johnny.Ariga.555948.jpg
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    me :)

I have my first cosplay in febuary.
    Going as Elaktra for comicon, and Katara from avatar for aime-con.

then later in june im going to try and cosplay blondie from suckerpunch. so.. i gotta work it! hahah
  • shiraLA
    shiraLA Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Yes ma'am!! I've been trying to put together Sylvanas Windrunner costume from WOW. IT's taking me forever because I can't find the materials/pieces I want.
  • TommiEgan
    TommiEgan Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Plan on getting uber slim so I can cosplay as Reno from Final Fantasy Advent children. lol that reminds me I made a fan music video on youtube for that movie. I'll try and find the link!
  • TommiEgan
    TommiEgan Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Found it of your interested. http://youtu.be/__4M7f0O3NU
  • BBehnke84
    BBehnke84 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Lol no I don't, but I've found it's pretty damn sexy when done right
  • KellyAlyssa84
    Options
    I am not into this but I love the movie, The Lorax, and I guess there's people runniing around playing the Once-ler. That's sweet.
  • sinfinity
    Options
    The costumes inspiring me are Liliana Vess (Magic: the Gathering) and Maya (Borderands 2)! ......and Dizzy (Guilty Gear), but that's way in the future.

For anyone interested, I'm part of the group 16-bit Sirens and we started a Cosplay Fitness Challenge at the beginning of this month. Most of us are here on myfitnesspal to track our nutrition/exercise, but we also have a facebook group where we post photos and tips, ask questions, get advice, check-in with our daily work outs...it's fun, and a nice way to meet more cosplayers. (: Here's the link if you want to join! http://www.16bitsirens.com/fitness/
  • eleblanc999
    Options
    I have been wanting to get into cosplaying for SO long but i never have because i have always been just so insecure. But I think this spring I'm gonna go for it!

FIG-DN-MisaAmane.jpg
  • MrsPixelbark
    MrsPixelbark Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It's not been my motivation par sae, but I'd love to do a cosplay (or two) once I'm done. I've been eyeing up doing a Bianca for about a year now, but I'm not sure I have the bust for it anymore!

I'd be tempted to do a Komari (Busters), or Nagisa (clannad)- if you can't tell I'm a HUGE key fan - but we'll see! :) I'd be tempted to attempt a Nia (Lagann) if it wasn't for the hair- not overly keen on wearing wigs, so any character with really long hair like that is out.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    <---- Yes!
  • Artemis00diana
    Options
    Hi
    I just started on this site, and I am amazed to already find some other cosplayers ^^! Amongst other things I also really wanna lose some kilos so I can fit some of my dream cosplays (even if there is a long way to go). I have been cosplaying for a while though.

If anybody want to add me as a friend and think it could be fun to try to lose some waight with a fellow cosplayer ^~^
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I used to box and kickbox on school teams and at the time was able to pull Tifa pretty damn well if I do say so myself.
    I would like to give her the respect she deserves once more haha.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I would love to cosplay. I suck at sewing though. But I love the idea of getting dressed up for a good convention! It's awesome that there are nerds here. <3

Someday I will be cool enough to cosplay FemShep.