I have reached my target! Now lighter than ever!

Options
Did my weekly weigh in today and have finally reached my goal of 9 and a half stone. Hurrah!!
I'm 40 and am now lighter and fitter than I have been in my entire adult life.
I'm a bit shy of saying this but I'm really proud of myself.

Its taken about 4.5 months at approx 1200 cal a day (with a few slip ups along the way) and exercising 3 or 4 times a week - either long dog walks, a 5K run or a 1 mile swim. The dog is also walked for an hour every day - but I did this before so I guess it doesn't really count,

The real battle now starts - staying there!

Replies

• Dreamingisbliss
    Dreamingisbliss Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You should totally be proud of you.
  • Smelerz
    Smelerz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Be very PROUD!!
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Don't be shy about your weight loss--- yell it over the rooftop! :bigsmile:
  • muamontreal
    muamontreal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    wonderful ! I can't wait to reach my goal ! You can be so proud ! xxx
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Did my weekly weigh in today and have finally reached my goal of 9 and a half stone. Hurrah!!

Its taken about 4.5 months at approx 1200 cal a day (with a few slip ups along the way) and exercising 3 or 4 times a week - either long dog walks, a 5K run or a 1 mile swim. The dog is also walked for an hour every day - but I did this before so I guess it doesn't really count,

congrats!! i reached my goal weight too! im actually UNDER it.. how crazy. i bet you feel great physically and mentally. keep it up!
    btw what are you doing for maintenance? have you upped your calories yet
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options

Awesome!!! You should be proud. I know the feeling as I did the same thing at age 50 and now my life is changed and even over a year later I'm still proud and always will be. It's an awesome accomplishment. Welcome to the club. :)

Oh and yes staying there still requires some work. All the skills you learned along in the journey will still come into play, none of the previous effort was wasted.. it was all honing your sword... now you much still keep your blade sharp.
  • Ginnyesq
    Ginnyesq Posts: 109
    Options
    No shame in being proud! great job!
  • rsm1972
    rsm1972 Posts: 283
    Options
    Congratulations & Very Proud of you & all your hard work :):)
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness! You did a fantastic job! I cannot wait until I can say those words...
  • anjoneill
    anjoneill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and well done. Enjoy the moment and remember how good it feels when you feel like overeating. Hopefully it will keep you motivated to maintain your current weight. Good luck for the future.
  • welshwoofer
    welshwoofer Posts: 56 Member
    Options

congrats!! i reached my goal weight too! im actually UNDER it.. how crazy. i bet you feel great physically and mentally. keep it up!

Not really sure what to do about what happens next....
    Does anyone have any advice?
  • stines72
    Options

Not really sure what to do about what happens next....
    Does anyone have any advice?
    well i think most people would suggest that you start eating yyour maintenance calories. im still struggling with the idea.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    I'm not there yet, but I'm already wondering what I will do when I do get there.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!!! Congratulations!!
  • welshwoofer
    welshwoofer Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Just updated my settings to now try to maintain my weight and it says to eat a net of 1720 cals a day.
    Thats 500 more than I have been aiming to eat - seems like a lot to me?

Will give it a go this week and see what happens - I must admit it seems a bit scary though. I've been so used to fighting to limit myself that I'm hoping that this doesn't turn into a splurge!

I have to do the food shopping today so will bear this in mind in the supermarket. No going mad in the sweeties aisle!

If anyone else has any experience of this I'd be grateful to hear your stories.
  • lqtransformation130
    Options
    when i reach my goal I am going to shout, dance etc etc. you should
    be very proud of your hard work and dedication. reaching your goal is a major accomplishment and you did it.
    congrats to the new you!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I'm really interested too - I just posted a thread in the general weightloss thread about my plan to get to maintenance calories. Eating so much more every day straight off seems diabolical. I'm slowly starting to step my cals up so I am interested to hear if that is what others have done.
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is amazing, you've done so well! :)
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't jump 500 calories up tomorrow if I were you. Just try going up by 200 or 250 for the first couple of weeks while you get used to it. And just so you know, MFP's numbers may not be correct. It says 1700 for me, and I have to eat in excess of 2000 to maintain--otherwise I continue to lose. So ease up slowly until you stop losing or start to gain (and I don't mean one day of gain--if you weigh daily, you will gain some days and lose others most likely). Once you actually maintain for a few weeks at a certain level (1720 or whatever), then you will know where you need to be.

Good luck, and welcome to the hard part!
  • stines72
    Options
    when i changed to maintenance it only gave me 1490 :( but i know my maintenance is higher than that at least
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!