Weight loss... too slow?

Options
Im reading all the threads saying that people cant lose weight if they dont eat their exercise calories or their intake is set too low. I eat around 1200cal a day and exercise on top of that. Sometimes I eat more but there is no way i could possibly eat all or even most of my exercise calories. How much should I be losing? I am 19 and not classified as overweight, BMI of 22. I just want to lose a few kgs and tone down.. I exercise everyday and burn an average 600-700cal. I have been using MFP for a little over a month and have only lost 1-1.5kg. I feel like I should be losing faster or am I being too hopeful?

Replies

• MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    My suggestion to you, and I have posted many times, is not to look at exercise calories as a chance to eat or not eat more. I would suggest upping your calories to 1400-1600 caloreis every day, even on days you don't exercise, and don't worry about how many calories you burn or how many you eat back. Just stick with the same number of calories, but use a higher number. Too few calories is a good way to lower your RMR and can be quite a setback for you in the long run, especially when you get to the maintenance phase of your weight loss program. Hope this helps.
  • nehadi23
    nehadi23 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump