June Starters~March 15

Options
I didn't see the new thread so I thought I'd start it. Happy Monday! :smile:

Replies

• busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    Happy monday! Hope everyone is doing well.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Mornin' ladies!!! :happy:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Good Morning:smile:
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! I can't wait for the weekend :laugh: Between the time change and being silly to stay up and watch something last night I am wiped. Seriously I am counting the hours until bed time. I am not going to bed until I get a good workout in though. My 4 yr old already has booked me to do the 30 shred with her before dinner and I will jump on the elliptical after the kids are in bed. My 4 yr old loves the 30 day shred, it is pretty adorable. She uses small soup cans for hand weights, she was offended when I told her she didn't need any weights so we compromised with soup cans.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    momto4... my three year old LOVES the Shred too!!! FUNNY!!

BTW: breakfast this morning consisted of bbq ribs.... not so great!!! I'm definitely NOT the model of health this morning!! :laugh:
    Anyway, I have stayed away from the scale all week... I'm very pleased with that, because I was weighing two or three times a day and that is NO GOOD!!!!
    I am still able to pull smaller stuff out of my closet... I'm so excited about that... I also packed up my bigger clothes and gave them to a lady in our church that is that size.... She was excited... I was excited to get rid of them :smile:
    Had a fun weekend! Ready for a great week!!... + it's Spring Break!! Woo Hoo!!! :drinker:
  • thirtyby40
    Options
    I did a bit of a spring clean out of clothes too, but there wasn't a whole lot to get rid of after my big clean out at the start of the new year.

I went shopping Friday night with my husband and got some casual summer clothes (just a few tops and capris). Saturday I went shopping with my 12 yr old daughter and she talked me into some pretty amazing dress pants I never would have tried without her encouragement. I got a couple of pairs dress pants and few blouses and some jeans. So losing weight is becoming VERY expensive for me. My husband totally supports it since he says I have worked hard and he thinks I deserve to show off my new body in style, but I know that another 15 pounds and some toning will have me out of these sizes. Oh well I was excited the largest size I bought was an 8.

Even though I am not normally big on shopping I have to say it is much more fun when you KNOW that you look good in what you are trying on!

Kandy - congrats on staying away from the scale, I know you struggle with the to weigh or not to weigh question.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Wow!!! a size 8!! Way to go, momto4!! That is fantastic!!!
    I know what you mean... I am limiting what I buy right now and trying to use a lot of my "old" clothes because I will eventually "shrink" out of this size too!!!! IT's a great feeling!
    AND the outfit I wore to church this Sunday was for the last time.... It is getting too big!!! IT's just fun!! :happy:
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    My spring break =(ed) Jury Duty, Video games, and a whole lot of nothin but bad foods.

See my blog for more info/ranting.

Weigh in this week: 280.8
    Up 1.8 pounds.

I'm back though, thanks for everyone's comments on my statuses and helping to get me back here.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Amanda~ you have worked so hard and came too far to go back.... Hang in there girl... Refocus, recharge!!!!!
  • yellowhouse
    Options
    I too am pulling out the old clothes- fun closet shopping. I am currently in the smallest size I have though (14) and will soon need to do some shopping. It's pretty funny how different my size 14 clothes are- some that are older are pretty small and some that are newer either fit perfectly or are too big.

Hope everyone has a good week. My new weigh in day will be Thursdays.

Lara
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! I had a bad night of eating last night.. I kept going back for more frozen yogurt.. I think I had four bowls :blushing:

Oh well, today is a new day. Just had some yummy subway for supper, and about to go teach for a couple hours. I get to teach again tomorrow night and then wake up super early to catch a flight to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.. woo hoo (sarcasm). There's going to be a lot of eating out so hopefully the week doesn't set me back too much!

I agree momto.. losing weight is VERY expensive! I've always been used to not liking the way clothes looked on me so I rarely bought anything. Now I love the way everything looks, so I keep buying new clothes! My poor bank account is sad.. but at least I'm happy! :laugh:
  • busymom74
    Options
    Today is my daughters birthday!!!! WHOOO!!! She's so awesome! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I pre-weighed in this morning to see where I am since I didn't do well this weekend... Up 1.3 lbs from friday but still down total from last wed. lol I need to be good at dinner tonight so I can log a 1.2 losss to get to my 40 lbs officailly lost! I KNOW I can do it!!

I had my hula hoop yest and worked on it for 10 min. Only dropped it once. I was exhauseted! It's A LOT of work. I wasn't wearing my HRM so I logged it as general arobics... Hope that was right... lol

Hope your all having a good day!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    busymom ~ I hope your daughter has a fabulous day!!!!

lara ~ Way to go getting into the smallest size in your closet!!!

Schlieffen ~ Don't go too crazy!! But definitely enjoy yourself!!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Amanda - I need help staying motivated these days! Maybe we can keep each other on track!

Lara - I have my "old" clothes too from like 10 years ago and I can wear a whole size smaller if I go to the store and buy new clothes....but hte old ones fit fine so I'll just keep wearing them...but LORD I'd love to be a size smaller just by buying "new" stuff. My friend & I call it vanity sizing....I have found that Old Navy likes vanity sizing the best...they cut their clothes much larger than other places.

Schlieffen - Have fun!

Good Morning ladies....I'm thinkign of layign of the scale for awhile....not sure. I need to try something new but staying away from the scale doesn't usually help....but ..... weighing myself twice a day isn't workign either....
  • busymom74
    Options
    The SS is posted! Sorry for the delay!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Hooray for bringing new clothes out of the closet! :drinker:

I actually did that last night--I'm at home at my Mom's house for spring break this week. Not only did all my old high school jeans fit, but for kicks I tried on my old cheerleading uniform from middle school (6th grade uniform). IT FIT! I then asked my mom if I was fat in middle school :p I would think it's a size 6 b/c it was a little tight. That just blows my mind...

I haven't seen my fam since January, and my dad saw me and said, "Hey, skinny!" That was so weird. And Mom kept telling me that my collar bones are prominent and my arms/hands are thin. It's weird to hear myself referred to as "skinny" or "thin."

I agree with laying off the scale for awhile. I don't have one here, and honestly it is a relief. I weigh at least twice a day, morning and night, and I wanna escape it for awhile :) So I will just record a no gain/no loss for this week and leave it at that.

Mamakat- love the new pic!
    Busymom- have an awesome time celebrating your daughter's bday. Eat a piece of cake! :)
    Amanda- we are all rooting for you and are glad you are back after sb!
    Momto- may be expensive, but how exciting?!
    Kandy- add my giant cinnamon rolls to your breakfast of champions and you've got yourself the ultimate meal ;)

LW: 143
    CW: 143
  • busymom74
    Options
    lol it's so funny! I'm actually making 2 cakes for her bday the unhealthy one and a diet coke one! The unhealthy one will be the Elmo cake and the healthy will be the Zoey cake. :bigsmile:

We're getting Chicken Shack but I'm making a healthy mostacholi as a side so I can try and balance that out. :bigsmile:
  • thirtyby40
    Options
    I am reporting no change this week. Down 0.2 so we will call it maintaining.

I hope the scale is kind to the rest of you!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Well, ladies! I totally sprained my ankle last night at Boot Camp... I can hardly put any weight on it this morning and it's still swollen... So, I will be back to elevating and icing this morning :tongue: My kids are going to burn me at the stake because we had the zoo on the agenda this morning, but I seriously can't see myself hobbling all over that zoo today :sad:
    But, I did get good news from the scale...

SW 230
    LW 203.8
    TW 202.4
    GW 140 ish

So, yay!! :drinker:
  • busymom74
    Options
    Hey girls! I'm having a HORRIBLE day already. lol

BUT!! I am recording a loss! WHOO!

LW- 156.7
    CW- 155.6