Eating all your Calories

Options
2»

Replies

• PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    If you are having trouble even eating 1000 calories, sounds to me like you have an eating disorder.

To eat more, follow these steps...

1. Grab food. At this point, any should do.
    2. Place food in mouth.
    3. Begin chewing.
    4. Swallow.
    5. Repeat steps 1-4 as needed.

If you are unable to complete these steps, it may be reasonable to see a doctor and/or psychologist to discuss your impending, or perhaps fully arrived, anorexia.
    No you do not have to have an ED be in your situation. I am in your exact situation. I am not one who thinks about food or craves it or overeats. But like you, I would go without (didn't feel like or think of it) until late afternoon and then I was hungry. In my case I just grabbed fast food and lots of candy and snacks. Now I still don't really crave foods (normally) but I make myself eat at regular times, plan what it will be for the day. I have trouble alot getting over a 1000 and if you count Net calories I barely make it 800. And then I start looking around for high calorie things to eat, not good either. No, your not alone and you do not have to have an ED to be like this.

But, like the others have told you that if you just plan ahead you might have a better chance to make it work.
    Thanks!!! Was kind of starting to feel like the non-eating freak. I blame a super low metabolism brought on by poor food choices. I really like the peanut butter idea.
  • VogtAndrea
    Options
    Take the time to plan your lunches and suppers. If you don't, you'll likely just go on and forget to eat. When I make my breakfasts, I usually put together something nutritious for lunch and make sure that I have my supper planned too. Do the same thing with snacks. I keep trail mix in snack ziplock baggies, Keep good fruit around and make sure when you go out the door you tuck something into your purse or pocket for later on. That should keep you on track without eating the wrong thing too.
  • Luc245
    Luc245 Posts: 73
    Options
    It looks like you tend to skip meals. If you do that then you're right it becomes hard to fit all your calories in without binging on junk at night. I find that it's really easy if you get into a habit of eating 300 - 400 calorie meals. Eat a good breakfast, pack a lunch, and make sure to have something planned for dinner.

I eat fiber cereal in the morning with milk and hemp hearts. About 350 calories. I pre-bag and freeze 400 calorie lunches and dinners that I bring every day. It's a long day to make it all but then it's as simple as taking out a couple each day and reheating them. Then if you need a few hundred more I find that fruit smoothies are super delicious or of course the already suggested peanut butter + spoon.
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Eat people...it won't hurt you.

:noway: Isn't eating people illegal?
  • Pamelaniamh
    Pamelaniamh Posts: 611 Member
    Options

A great read - thanks :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! It's 3 PM here, I've eaten a banana with cinnamon and a coffee (214 cals), and I'm really not hungry.
    Not only that, I also just don't feel like eating :P
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    I took a look at your diary. Try incorporating some more nuts and full-fat dairy into your diet. Also, you should never miss meals. I noticed that you skipped lunch a few times.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Eat foods that have higher calories, use full fat dressings (if you eat salads), grain breads, nuts, cheeses.
  • mommyweighless
    mommyweighless Posts: 192 Member
    Options

I just peed a little lol!:laugh:
  • PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options

omfg lolololol!