150lbs down in 6 months

Options
my name is dustin metz i am 26 and i decided it was time for a change boxing day dec 26/2011 and as of june 2012 i dropped 150 lbs i started at 381lbs and am now maintaining 225lbs i feel amazing and continue to eat healthy and work out i love life!!!

Replies

• Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Job!!
  • haleybugg
    haleybugg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    wow... thats amazing! keep it up!
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    150 pounds? In six months?

Not to rain on your parade, but I have to ask:

How? That's around 6 pounds a week, give or take a bit. Not what most experts consider a healthy rate of weight loss.
  • HazenAllen
    HazenAllen Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    *inserts snarky remark about how impossible it is to lose weight that fast because its not "normal" and I am unable to*

Lmao. Seriously though, great job man! I've lost about 30 in a little over a month, I hope I can even have half of your success!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    That is a lot of weight in a really short time. I looked at your diary, and I noticed that recently there are a LOT of days that are over on calories, sometimes by as much as 3800 for the day. Are you still losing/maintaining?
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Pics!!!
  • BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I've always found people who are a lot heavier tend to lose weight faster in the first few months. SO yes its about 6lbs a week but it may also take them longer to get off the last bit of weight they want off
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!