Clubbing solo...

Options
Kandi150
Kandi150 Posts: 167 Member
So all of my girlfriends are married with kids or just don't like going out to clubs at all. I just recently got out of a long terrible relationship and just wanna go out and have fun. I'm not ashamed to admit I am the party girl. What's your opinion on girls that go out alone (especially to clubs) and any advice on going out alone. ie getting over the awkwardness of it all. I've actually done it a few times but I still feel weird.

Replies

• no_stagnation
    Options
    My perception is that they are out to hook up
  • Kandi150
    Options
    yea thats what I figured. So not fair.. Cause thats definately not on my agenda lol I just like to dance and party. I blame the music, it draws me in!!
  • tracypk
    tracypk Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    party and dance and have fun **** what other people think BE
    YOU and if you end up in some strange bed in the morning , drink less next time ;)
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    Mad props to you for your confidence - I could never do that alone. Ever. I mean, who would I talk to or look at if some fugly guy approached? hahah
  • no_stagnation
    Options
    yea thats what I figured. So not fair.. Cause thats definately not on my agenda lol I just like to dance and party. I blame the music, it draws me in!!

Well... I think if a Dude rolls solo in a club, he's usually perceived as being a creeper or having no friends... Not sure that's really any better...
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I go clubbing alot, and I'd never go alone so I admire your confidence.

Maybe you should make a few new friends who enjoy clubbing too?
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    My perception is that they are out to hook up

Totally this but at the same time don't worry about it and just do your thing.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Best to go with friends and dance as a group, unless if you don't mind other people trying to dance with you. But if you decide to go solo, be very cautious of your drink at all times. Never leave it unattended.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I could never club solo.... If you get drunk and decide to drive with nobody to make sure you get back home safely... Yikes. And driving drunk. Because you weren't forced to get a taxi by a friend or have a DD. Plus who knows what someone might try to pull on you. Out in the dark parking lot or inside the bar... Watch your drink. I hear date rape is no joke.

I honestly think you'd better find someone.
  • furenaef
    furenaef Posts: 157 Member
    Options

that is what they all say, lol
  • Kandi150
    Options
    Thanks everybody.. I went out. And it actually wasnt that bad. There was a creeper or two but I know a couple of the bartenders and the bouncers so they didnt linger long. lol

Didnt get smashed, or "smash" lmao. Got home safely, so all in all it was a pretty good night.

Its not my first choice to go out alone, I would much rather have some party girls by my side but I'm not gonna just sit at home and sulk cause my girlfriends cant go. So, any gals in the area like to dance?? lol
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I used to do it all the time.
    In fact I REALLY want to go do karaoke tonight.

I don;t think my friends will want to go.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If I lived nearby I'd go with you. =( Good to hear things went well for you!
  • BEAUTY4UBEAST
    Options
    <~~~~ IM SINGLE... lol I wana :drinker: go !
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    The ones who mentioned safety are right. Without friends to watch you you'd be a prime target for any creep with some ruffies. Just watch your drink!!
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say club solo and have a good time, but clubbing isn't like hitting the gym. So here is an idea that has worked for me...
    I travel for work some and I love to enjoy the cities I visit, so when I go to a bar or club I walk in and head toward the back like I know where I'm going and look the crowd over like I'm looking for someone. I wave at a group of girls then make a beeline for them. I walk up all smiles saying Hey Girl! then whisper that I'm traveling and wanted to see the city but alone isn't good and can I hang with them for a few? Girl Code! They always say yes. I have met some awesome people this way and enjoyed some beautiful cities. :)