Having trouble consuming ALL calories needed.

Options
I'm having trouble eating all the calories MFP says I need to consume each day. I work out 7 days a week and am eating healthy foods now (not much processed, no fast food, and only water to drink. Does anyone have any tips on how to eat all the calories MFP is telling me I need?:huh:

Replies

• tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter is a good source of calories with protein. Often you can eat a spoonful or put it on some toast and you are good.
  • heygina
    Options
    You should open up your diary so people can look & see where you can improve.
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    What is your daily calorie goal set at? What is your height, weight, activity level. Are you eating back exercise calories? Are you under every day? etc.. Need more info to really help out. If you open your diary Im sure you can get alot of advice.
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    If you are logging exercise on MFP and going by the calories they are telling you you burned then trying to eat those back...I can see how you would have trouble, those estiamtes seem to be very high. Most people only eat back about half of their exrcise calories unless they use a HRM.

Also please consider taking a rest day or two each week exercising 24/7 is rough on your body it needs time to repair.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Also drink some milk and/or juice, those are easy liquid calories. Eat something with peanut butter, use olive oil on your salad, add seeds of some kind, have a piece of cheese, advocado etc. All easy ways to add calories without resorting to junk food.

Btw, a 25 g piece of extra dark chocolate adds about 140 kcals and contains all kinds of good-for-you things ;-)
  • ksumme
    ksumme Posts: 283
    Options
    I use almonds as a snack. An apple with peanutbutter after a workout is a great snack, or on toast or celery.
    I can't see your diary, so don't know what it says your daily calories should be, or what you are eating.

Someone suggested dark chocolate. It is a great thing to keep on hand, too. I find I can eat that, it doesn't make me 'crave' more sweets like other candy. I do go for as dark as possible - 85% or so, if I can. It is a little bitter, but leaves that nice chocolate flavor.

In general, if you are in the 1200 - 1400 calorie range, that should not be difficult at all to get. Make sure you are getting appropriate protein, and some healthy fat. You do also need some carbs, especially with fiber. Have that piece of whole wheat bread, or a 1/2 cup of brown rice.
  • Megzfitlog
    Options
    Thanks all! These are great suggestions.