Send me your low-cal blended soup recipes!

Options
horseplaypen
horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
It's getting cold here, and I can't wait to make a giant pot of soup this weekend to have for lunch throughout the week! Do you guys have any great pureed soups to share (not a fan of chunky soups)?

THANKS! :)

Replies

• katiest84
    Options
    I discovered skinny taste's cream of zucchini soup this week - DELISH - and I even forgot to add the sour cream and it was still incredible and super low cal. She has lots of others on her site I am dying to try too!
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    thanks! I've heard a lot about that site, but never checked it out. Bookmarked a few of them. :)
  • lovedogslovecats
    lovedogslovecats Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love this Butternut Squash Soup - it's from Allrecipes. My husband doesn't care for it, so I get all of it!

Ingredients
    • 6 tablespoons chopped onion
    • 4 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
    • 6 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash (2 medium squash)
    • 2 medium apples, peeled, cored & cubed**
    • 4 cups chicken broth
    • 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram or oregano
    • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    • 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
    • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese**
    Directions
    1. In a large saucepan, saute onions in oil until tender. Add squash, apples, broth, marjoram or oregano, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Bring to boil; cook 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
    2. Puree squash and cream cheese in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth. Return to saucepan, and heat through. Do not allow to boil.
    **Original recipe didn't call for apples, and it calls for 2 pkgs of cream cheese. I think 1 is plenty.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Steam or lightly boil in very little water broccoli or cauliflower, for most heads you can put in the blender with 3 Laughing Cow or WW cheese wedges, blend and add in skim milk or water to your preference as well as additional seasonings.
  • Thruen
    Thruen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    It's getting cold here, and I can't wait to make a giant pot of soup this weekend to have for lunch throughout the week! Do you guys have any great pureed soups to share (not a fan of chunky soups)?

*starts singing Nelly's hot in here*
    It's getting cold in here, so put on all your clothes,
    getting so cold I'm gonna put my clothes on ..