Foods for belly fat

Can anyone tell me some good foods that will help with belly fat.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member

I heard beer , sugar and wheat are pretty good for making your belly fat
  • Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    No such thing. If you wanna lose fat, eat at a caloric deficit (around -500 is ideal).
  • rand486
    rand486 Posts: 270 Member
    You can't target body fat. Eat fewer calories, it leads to losing body fat.

Stomach still flabbier than you want? Eat fewer calories.

*kitten* sagging to your knees? Eat fewer calories.

Extra chins under your neck? (Take a guess)
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    I just got diagnosed with Insulin Resistance and read a whole book on it. Insulin Resistant people have a more difficult time losing belly fat than others. Hormones also can cause a greater belly fat no matter what you seem to do. I would ask your dr about some additional testing to see if there is a reason behind it. Thyroid issues can be higher belly fat too.
  • Yep, everyone's right. You can't make fat in a certain area go away. You lose fat by eating less than you burn, period, and everyone's different in regards to WHEN fat from various areas will go. Medical conditions are part of what make us "different".

That being said, keeping your abs in shape will be important for keeping things flat as that fat starts to hit the road.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Yep, everyone's right. You can't make fat in a certain area go away. You lose fat by eating less than you burn, period, and everyone's different in regards to WHEN fat from various areas will go. Medical conditions are part of what make us "different".

That being said, keeping your abs in shape will be important for keeping things flat as that fat starts to hit the road.

Actually you CAN remove fat from specific areas
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member

I heard beer , sugar and wheat are pretty good for making your belly fat

:drinker:
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member

I'm down to -1200 calories a day with my 1200 cals that MFP gives me to eat and my 2400 cal burn workouts EVERYDAY!! AND I DON'T EAT BACK MY EXERCISE CALS!!!!!! What more do you want me to do??? I gained 1/2 lb this morning!!!!! What am I doing wrong????????
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member

Until you are working out and eating 1200 calories and people say you aren't losing weight because you aren't eating enough calories. It's a vicious cycle. :huh:

Uh, no, not really. The poster didn't mean eat fewer and fewer and fewer. What they mean is that the only cure for whatever fat that ails you is a calorie deficit.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Grapefruit.

That's what you wanted, right?
  • Read the book Wheat Belly. Then try going wheat free for a month and see what happens. It is not all that difficult to get rid of the wheat if you are determined to do so.
  • Yep, everyone's right. You can't make fat in a certain area go away. You lose fat by eating less than you burn, period, and everyone's different in regards to WHEN fat from various areas will go. Medical conditions are part of what make us "different".

Actually you CAN remove fat from specific areas
    Lipoplasty, maybe. But how would the OP achieve targeted fat removal with Food and Nutrition?
  • Figure out what your BMR is - you might be surprised how much you need to eat :) Most women need to eat at least 1800 -2000 calories to maintain, depending on your activity level. If you eat too little your body just stores everything as fat. But to lose belly fat you have to eat super clean - no sugar, processed foods, alcohol etc...
  • jasonpclement
    jasonpclement Posts: 146 Member
    Assuming you eat a moderate amount of food, keep eating a moderate amount of food. Start lifting weights. Don't add that time to your calorie total. Make sure your lifting and feeling the burn, and struggling. Not just going through the motions.

You will succeed. Folks doing cardio get to comfortable doing their cardio, and end up going through the motions. You need to make a mental check with yourself. "Is my level of exertion great enough?"