Down the slippery slope.....

Options
About 10 months ago I decided to get serious about losing weight... even joined a wt loss competition at work and won!! Woo Hoo... I had changed my eating habits and went to the gym religiously 4-7 days a week for 45-60min. I lost a total of 53lbs. THEN... had some changes in life - my husband started working primarily on the road and I took a nursing supervisor position, oh and we got a new house. From that point my motivation face planted at the bottom of that slippery slope! I still have the desire to change but I have NO follow through. (By the way i have gained back about 10 of those pounds). I do well at work... the problem is when i get home... first, by the time i get home i have no desire to workout anymore; and second once im home I tend to eat whatever I want and then be upset about it later. This thought process of mine has crushed my positive, bubbly mood! Im grouchy, snap quickly and envision a terrible image of myself--- much like that of the Micheln man!

I want back on the top of that hill.... help!!!!!

Replies

• MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    DON'T go home before going to the gym!! Bring your gym clothes with you and go STRAIGHT there!! That makes a huge difference to whether or not I make it to the gym (though my gym is actually in my apartment building so I do go home before going there but I do not let myself sit down at all and I eat my snack on the road home)
    I leave about half of my calories for the day for when I get home as that is most likely when I will want to sit and pig out. But when I have so many calories left I can think 'oh I can have that AND that AND that yet today! awesome' Rather than sitting there thinking 'I can't have anything else today or I will go over my calories, harumph!"

Those 2 things really help me out.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    For me it works best to get my workout done first thing in the morning. That way I start the day with my excercise goals already reached and go couch potato after work without guilt.
  • Spindrift2012
    Spindrift2012 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I exercise first thing. And I plan all my main meals. I don't go home and eat whatever I want because I know what I'm eating. If I want a snack after that its OK. You could try setting your goal to maintaining for a bit to see how you get on.