employment?

Options
jenken99
jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
I just thought we all could share a little about who we are, such as what we do for a living..

I am certified nurses aide, i work in a nursing home first shift, been with the same place for 19 years.. i love taking care of people young and old. It especially makes me happy when someone comes in that just needs rehabilitated and goes home, thats the best feeling ever when you are part of making that happen..

Replies

• bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    Hmm... I am currently a freelance makeup artist and photographer, who will shortly be returning to school to finish her Human Resources diploma. I call it third times a charm school - I've also taken computer programming and ECE.

I like freelancing because you have so much creative freedom and freedom with your time.... you can also pamper someone, make them feel great and then take a picture of them to remind them of how beautiful they are :D Great times.
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    that would be a cool job makeup can do so much for a person,, and i think it does make people feel better about themselves to see how pretty they can be...
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am a web designer/musician. The web design pays the bills and the music funds my son's savings account. I love that I have a job that I can be home with my son all day. I also love that I have continued with music and that he is really starting to have a love for it! It is great to always have a cheering section at a concert.
  • luv2teach32
    Options
    Hello. I thought I would share as well. I am a teacher of students with special needs. I have worked in the same district for 6 years and have taught all grade levels between 4th and 12th. It is definitely not a boring job, but it is rewarding to know that I am helping kids grow and learn. There's nothing as great as seening children succeed when no one expected them to do anything.
  • WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    Options
    Thank you luv2teach! I'm sure the parents of the children really appreciate you. I have a 15 year old autistic son so I know! I truly do appreciate the people in his life that help him reach his potential.

I am the office manager of an insurance restoration company. I have worked at this job for the last 7 years. We restore houses that have been damaged by fire, water, wind or mold. Been pretty busy lately with all the things mother nature is throwing at us.
  • CharityD
    CharityD Posts: 193
    Options
    I'm an RN that recovers life-saving organs for transplant. Saving lives is the best job ever! If you're not already: become an organ, tissue and eye donor!
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a nurse and I work for a long term care facility as the Clinical Coordinator. I love my job, even though some days I think "This crap is going to kill me" :laugh: I love my people I take care of and work with. I'm a mom with two kids that I love dearly. Tanner is 5 Tayla is 3. They are the reason I'm still breathing and living life. I'm married to (sometime *kitten*) wonderful husband that loves me too.
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I'm a cook/baker working in the offshore oil industry
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I am investigator for Child Protective Services!! MostRewarding Eva!!
  • jclguru
    jclguru Posts: 123
    Options
    I'm a JCL programmer by night and a bird photographer by day.

Check out: www.thebirdphotographer.com if you like birds.

Doug
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    Production Planner / Scheduler