New & need help please

Options
I am new to this site. Just started today.

I have tried everything except calorir counting & Ive heard alot of good things about this site, so im hoping it helps.

I start dieting first week of January & im only down 7lbs. I started at 232lbs im down to 225lbs. Before I had my son 2 years ago I was 150lbs, my goal is to get there again.

I am a stay at home mom so I dont get to the gym. I have a dvd from Leslie Sansone-Walk Away The Pounds which is 1 mile with weights for 30 minutes walking in place with some kicking, knee lefts & 5lbs weight lifting & I do it 7 days a week.

I have come to the point where im struggling. I really hope this site helps. I just got engaged to a wonderful man ive been with for 8 years so were planning a wedding soon. I need to get back down to 150lbs!!!

Any suggestions on food I should eat & if my 30 minute exercise dvd is enough or should I do more? My weakeness is JUNK FOOD!!

I made my meal journal for the week already but I was wondering is it ok if I dont eat all my calories? It said as long as I was above 1200 it was fine. You cant really make your meal plan so that you have all the calories, fat, carb, protein etc I see in some days I went over carbs but it doesnt say thats bad.

Replies

• BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I hope that you find this site has helpful and inspirational as I do. You can add me as a friend if you need some extra encouragement, or just a sounding board.

Good luck to the start of your new life!
  • cheermom614
    Options
    You just need to make sure you burn more calories than you take in each day. Get yourself a heart rate monitor. It will tell you how many calories you burn during a workout and track your heart rate to tell you if you need to amp it up or slow it down. Keep diligent track of everything you eat. You will see results!
  • luv2teach32
    Options
    Welcome to the website. Like you, I need to lose about the same amount of weight and love to eat sweets. I have found that by being honest about the food that I eat helps me not overeat. I used to just think I want cookies or cake and I would eat it. Now, I think about what the calories are in each and decide to eat something else that is sweet but less in calories. Since then, I have lost 12 pounds in about 2 months, and I have lost about 18 inches. So even if you don't see it on the scale, you could be losing fat from your body and gaining muscle. So don't get discouraged. Also, you do need to eat and drink at least 1200 calories per day to keep your body from going into starvation mode and lowering your metabolism. I usually get between 1200 and 1500 per day and haven't had any trouble.
  • WifenMom
    WifenMom Posts: 40
    Options
    Hi!
    You and I started at close to the same weight (I was 235) and we are now similar in our current weight (I'm at 223) and our my Goal weight is to be back down to 150!
    My youngest (and last!) child is 2 ......and I'm still carrying around this baby weight!

I had tried Weight Watchers Online early last year and only lost about 10 lbs ....then in October of last year I started the Food Lovers For LIfe Program and it's the BEST program I've EVER been on. It REALLY does work. My weight loss has stalled though ..due to 2 things. My OWN sabatoging myself AND I hit a plateau. So I joined this site to start further challenging myself by counting calories and sodium intake ..and since TRULY buckling down I did lose 2 lbs this past week.
    It's TOUGH.
    I haven't been able to work out this past week due to hurting myself while working out last week ..so I imagine I might have lost more had I been able to work out. That's the main reason I've gotten down to this point from 235lbs.

If you'd like some more info regarding the FLFL program let me know!
    Take care, Laurie
  • brandyirigoyen
    Options
    Make sure your calorie intake is at the least 1200 and drink 8 glasses of water a day. Your video might be efficeint at first but I would try to add in some cardio too. Running and boxing are best for all over fitness and weight loss. (Not to mention a great stress reliever!)