Do you love Subway but hate the smell?

Options
I've noticed EVERY TIME I go into a subway I reek of bread when I leave. I smell like seasonings and bread. I don't work there, I just stop in to get my lunch every once in a while. Anyways, I stink right now (of subway) and didn't know if I'm crazy or do other people have the same issue? (and yes I'm a little bored at work)

OOOHH and how do you get your sub??? (how many calories too)

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    You have no idea. In college I lived for a year in an apartment directly above a subway. Their exhaust was right under one of the main windows. EVERYTHING I owned smelled like subway. I can only eat subway under extreme duress now, even though the food is tasty.
  • mordant57
    mordant57 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I'm the exact opposite. I think Subway smells AMAZING.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Yep, had Subway yesterday and my clothes smelled like the store the rest of the day.

I had a double meat turkey on wheat w/ all the veggies and spicy mustard.
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    The smell of Subway is INCREDIBLE. I could sit there and smell it all day. I'd love if I could walk out smelling like it. :laugh:

I get a footlong turkey on honey oat with extra light mayo, spinach, cucumbers, salt and pepper and provolone cheese. :bigsmile: I eat the two pieces separately, not for one meal.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I hate Subway but love the smell.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Based on recent anecdotal evidence, I would say that most people hate the knife.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    You DO leave smelling like Subway, no matter how short of time you are IN the building. LOL
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I think it smells yummy too! I get a 6 inch honey oat or wheat with all veggies and mustard! Oh, and avocado! I don't eat out very often, but this is one of my favorite places! And I think it is around 300 calories
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    photo%2520%25283%2529.JPG
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Yes, it stinks!!!! That stench ends up in my hair and clothes, it's disgusting. I had a friend at work who would sometimes want to go there for lunch and I hated it.
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    It's the onions!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not like onions so I am really sensitive to the smell..... Love the baking bread smell, hate the onions!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't want to live by a Subway and smell it all the time, but I think it smells good...
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    AH we weere just talking about this last night! You can't go in Subway or any mexican resturant without smelling like it the rest of the day. Hate that!
  • Zendris
    Zendris Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Looking at the topic and the first paragraph, I figured this was going to be a statement about New York City.....:laugh:

I still like the smells coming out of Subway, and still like most of the food. I have never noticed smelling of bread afterwards, but of course I get mine toasted and to go so the smell is going to follow anyway.
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I'm the exact opposite. I think Subway smells AMAZING.
    same! I love the subway smell lol
  • jny1179
    jny1179 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have not stepped foot in a subway in years after going gluten free (crohn's disease/celiac) but I used to HATE the smell in there and how I smelled like it after I left!!!
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    their slogan is eat fresh but all of their sandwiches are made with processed meats...
  • Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I used to work in an office that was directly next to a Subway. The place just smelled like Subway from 6am until the end of the day.

So sick of Subway after that.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I wished my wife always smelled like bread. I wonder if Subway makes a perfume.

Christmas shopping = done.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i hate Subway, i hate the smell and I really really hate that stuff they call "bread". i'd rather go to Jimmy Johns, Jersey Mikes, Firehouse Subs, Quiznos, Sheetz, Wawa, etc...