Failing :-(

Options
2»

Replies

• m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    This happens to everyone single one of us! 34 pounds is a huge success! The occasional set back is really not a bad thing at all because we learn from it and then we move onward and upward! Sending a request your way! I will happily lend any and all motivation that I possibly can! You are going to do this and you will feel so good for putting forth the effort! We are going to be cheering for you the whole way! :happy:
  • juniexD
    Options
    First thing to do is - STOP BEING SO HARD ON YOURSELF!

You took the first step which was asking for abit of motivational help! thats what we are all here for! :D

Youve lost 34lbs which is fantastic!..You`ve put back on 10lbs not 100! You can easily get back to where you want to be!

Feel free to add me! :D Good luck!
  • taranperez
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself! The most important thing is that you're not giving up and you are reaching out for help! That speaks volumes! I need help too, so this post is really helping me reach out! I am very proud of you, you got this!!
  • mikedurham76
    Options
    I am having the same issues as well as my wife. feel free to add me/
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. It's not a failure until you give up.

What she said!!!!
  • JuliesZenpuppy7400
    JuliesZenpuppy7400 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    NEVER EVER GIVE UP!!!!! I have been at this weight loss "battle" for over 4 years with AT LEAST 230 pounds to lose. I struggle with depression so sometimes I give up too but I always remember what is most important to me. My health!!! I was sick last month and having back problems and gained 10 pounds back but as soon as I started feeling better I got back at it. So, feel bad today but tomorrow wake up with a new day and a clean slate and get out there and do battle!!!! You got this!!! Your here and you have the support of this awesome community!!!!! Btw, I still have at least 71 pounds to lose so the battle continues!!!!!
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    It's not a failure until you give up.
  • Denise1224
    Denise1224 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. It's not a failure until you give up.

^^ THIS!! Feel free to add me too! My scale hasn't moved since before I joined MFP but I haven't given up yet!! We will make it!
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    Don't give up!
  • Shara126
    Shara126 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have gained back 7 myself:( Feel free to add me.
  • GemUK84
    GemUK84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks again to everyone for their support and kind words!!!! :-)
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    This might sound cheesy but not all journeys are linear. You took a small step back, but hopefully you learned something, and you're ready to move forward again. No need to beat yourself up or punish yourself! This small stumble in no way negates everything else you've accomplished.

Feel free to add me as a friend! I still don't have any yet lol...I am starting to feel like a loser on MFP.
  • rachellewaite
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel!!! At my last job I lost 20 pounds and I was so happy about it. I then lost my job and gained it all back. Who knew how much stress could do to your body? I am now trying to get rid of what I gained and then some. Feel free to add me!! :D
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards... post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweaks over time seem to work best or at least better than butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We all fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support each other
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile. :)
    I don't wish people good luck, I never had it and don't need it! Luck doesn't get you through this... hard work does!

Love that advice, will be taken heed to some of this myself, thanks
  • Olive32214
    Olive32214 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Hey, I've fallen tooooo, but i'm getting back there, so I'm with yea Girl and a friend request is on the way,

The reply's are so positive and Thank you all.....
  • Captainobvvious
    Captainobvvious Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You can do this.

Time is going to go by no matter what. You may think you've wasted a lot of it by backsliding and its going to take even more time to get back to where you were but that's OK. Time is going to pass anyway so who cares how long it takes.

You can do this. You're stronger than whatever part of you is stopping you from doing what you know you need to do.

I know its disheartening to slide back but it will be a bigger victory to win back the yards you lost.

The only way to fail is to stop trying!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Ignore the blip and move on you are NOT a failure you are still here asking for help which is the best thing you can do
  • Nmb1982
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better, I am now doing an exercise routine Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays, and a different one on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. I just started doing this on Monday and just started My Fitness Pal yesterday. I have Muscular Dystrophy AND MS and have never worked out for more than 1-2 days at a time. I already feel better than I did four days ago! You can do it. Don't focus so much on losing weight, but getting healthy and feeling great for YOU! The "professionals" say you need to weigh a certain amount when you are a certain height, but muscle mass is not taken into consideration on this. Work out and exercise so YOU feel good about yourself, don't listen to what everyone else says you should look like! I know you can do it, and you can do it for the right and most important reason...YOU!
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards... post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweaks over time seem to work best or at least better than butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We all fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support each other
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile. :)
    I don't wish people good luck, I never had it and don't need it! Luck doesn't get you through this... hard work does!

^^THIS!!!! Perfect!!!
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    NEVER EVER GIVE UP!!!!! I have been at this weight loss "battle" for over 4 years with AT LEAST 230 pounds to lose. I struggle with depression so sometimes I give up too but I always remember what is most important to me. My health!!! I was sick last month and having back problems and gained 10 pounds back but as soon as I started feeling better I got back at it. So, feel bad today but tomorrow wake up with a new day and a clean slate and get out there and do battle!!!! You got this!!! Your here and you have the support of this awesome community!!!!! Btw, I still have at least 71 pounds to lose so the battle continues!!!!!

You, my friend, are awesome. Of all my MFP friends, you are the most inspiring, encouraging and supportive. xoxoxox :heart: :flowerforyou: :drinker: