Do you love Subway but hate the smell?

Options
2»

Replies

• mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    When I was a teenager and had few choices and little money I would go to Subway. I haven't been in one in years, but the lighting depresses me, plus, fair or unfair, I always have questions about the cleanliness. And gosh, it's so generic.
  • this1bigdog
    this1bigdog Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Love the smell
    I get a 1 foot ham on white, no cheese . . . all veggies except Onion, olives and Jalepenoes . .
    then Salt, pepper, Oregano. . with no sauce
    590 calories
  • alliejoberry
    Options
    I love Subway and it smells good to me. The one at my Wal-mart smells funny, though, even just walking by. (I've never eaten at that one.) It smells like burnt pizza. :P
  • FreeToGoodHome
    Options
    Your hilarious! Yes, the bread smells! They sell you on the bread because the cold cuts taste horrible and the veggies have no taste at all. You have to douse your sandwich in condiments to make it edible. I had this horrible idea to try a diet of only 6" subway sandwiches for lunch each day with healthy veggies (like cucumbers instead of pickles) and no condiments. Didn't work out very well...
  • Love_Metal
    Love_Metal Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Jarred's car???
  • Brendajo510
    Options
    I worked at Subway and I still love it. I used to love putting a cookie in the toaster and it would come out tasting freshly baked. yummmm.

White with ham, bacon, american cheese, and light mayo. I have on idea why my fav is so simple. I've tried pretty much every single sandwich, even the veggi patty.
  • myway16
    myway16 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I had friends that worked there in high school. They always had to go home and take showers after they got off work before we could go out and do anything. Otherwise, they would smell like bread and mayo all night.

Luckily, I never seem to be in there long enough to get the smell "on" me, but there is a local mexican restaurant that definitely leaves it's odor on your clothes....embarrassing!!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    The smell of subway makes me sick to my stomach, and the smell does linger like no other... Gross.
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I hate the smell of Subway, have since I was a kid. Gross.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Subway smells like homeless people. It probably tastes like them, too.
  • Rho_Ro
    Rho_Ro Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Your hilarious! Yes, the bread smells! They sell you on the bread because the cold cuts taste horrible and the veggies have no taste at all. You have to douse your sandwich in condiments to make it edible.

You know the weird thing is that I live in Christchurch, NZ and you guys will most likely be in the States or the British Isles and we all have a similar experience - that is sooooo super weird. Whenever I think about having Subway I remember the smell - I can smell it in the finished roll as well as the bowl of salad, so I've always thought it was the lettuce. But while the lettuce is juicy and crisp that's about all it has really - there is no taste. And from memory the gherkins/pickles don't have the tang that they are known for so that's disappointing too. I don't shop there now.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Jim Gaffigan has this whole bit about how Subway smells like bread in a dishwasher. I can see it... It's always kinda steamy, soapy, bread smelling but I never noticed the smell lingering on me, but Mexican restaurants always do...