Same weight, only difference is weight training (pics)

Options
Ok, well weight training and clean eating. But still in both of these pics I weigh around 175-180, I think I may have been a tad heavier in the before pic, but let's not split hairs here.
This is my on my birthday and I thought I was in ok shape (welcome to the wonderful world of denial :wink: )
THis wasn't my heaviest weight and I was bordering on a size 14, 12 was kinda pushing it.

kara1.jpg

Ok, now to about 5 months ago. I was going to a wedding and my husband took this pic of me. Also, those shoes were not comfortable to dance in but that's a different story!

kara2.jpg

Replies

• harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Bam !

Nice work !
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Holy cow. I can't believe you're the same weight in both pics. Sheesh! Very impressive, girl!
  • McShell12
    McShell12 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Great job!!

Love the shoes!
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Way to go with the toning up!
  • Breyna_10
    Options
    WTG!!!!! KEEP UP THE WEIGHT TRAINING ITS WORKING....
  • sweetgeek18
    Options
    Like a totally different woman in the wedding pic - you look amazing! Keep up that lifting, it is making a tremendous difference!
  • kddruckenmiller
    kddruckenmiller Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOSH.
    Oh my gosh.
    You look fabulous.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    wow awesome!
  • simplyshrinking
    simplyshrinking Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Impressive! I always feel discouraged with strength training due to the numbers on the scale, but you are living proof that it's worth it!
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    That is incredible! You look fab, well done :)
  • ashdred
    ashdred Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    The power of inches! Great work!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I still get discouraged by the inches! I swear it doesn't go away sometimes, haha.
    BUT, I haven't gotten bulky and there's proof in pictures! I love looking back and going "hmm, I guess it's ok then"
  • ThereseIShere
    ThereseIShere Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That may just be the coolest most encouraging thing I have seen on here! I feel like I look so much better then my weight says and have wondered how much is because of fitness-muscle. I know I am wearing smaller sizes at heavier weights going down in weight then when I was gaining. Anyway, AWESOME!
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    And this, ladies, if why you should lift weights.
  • conraj74
    conraj74 Posts: 182
    Options
    Way to go!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    awesome! you inspired me to go back to lifting for sure asap!
  • brina4ever
    Options
    Wow, you look great. Keep up the good work.
  • dandes
    dandes Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! You are proving to me that what I am on the right track!!!:bigsmile:
  • positivepineapple
    positivepineapple Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Great work :-)
  • FORAPURPOSE
    FORAPURPOSE Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have doing a lot of weight training to and was getting very upset because the scale was not moving, even though i could see a change well I sure will not quit now.........
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!