Why Scales SUCK - small difference but still there pic

Options
I am 5'5 . The picture on the LEFT I was 119 lbs, and on the right is current and I am 130 lbs my heaviest. Personally I feel a big difference and am stronger than I have been. I stopped weighing myself and have been going by how I look and feel. Numbers can be discouraging!!

fitchang-1.jpg

Replies

• HannahsBestLife
    HannahsBestLife Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    wow you look amazing!! Nice work :D
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Great outlook! It's so true.. I got to stop depending on the scale for results! I think you look amazing in both pictures!! Great work :)
  • Ninja_Bunny
    Ninja_Bunny Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You look greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat:drinker:
  • ashleyacee
    Options
    Thanks all of you :)
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Yes! you look so strong and fit now....not that you were pretty before
  • corlas0105
    corlas0105 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. I also stopped weighing myself. I started at 145, and after about a year and a half I got down to 136. (My lightest weight ever in my adult life) Did Insanity, and was right back up to 145. But when I look at pics, there is a big difference between 145 out of shape and 145 healthy and happy! Keep it up. Don't let the scale get you down. I wish I could throw mine away; I just don't have the heart to do it!
  • Jezzabelly
    Options
    You look great!!!
  • Melaniec78
    Melaniec78 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    130 is definetly hotter!! WTG and thanks for the motivation!!!!!!!!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Well, you could get some scales that measure bodyfat...
    But frankly with a body like that you might as well just measure the drool dripping from the mouths of the blokes staring :P.
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    What a great example!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    It may just be the cuter outfit you're wearing on the left, but I personally think you look way hotter in the before pic. Don't get too scrawny, or you'll start to lose those fantastic curves!
  • Michshellars
    Options
    You look great! Don't worry about the # on the scale, you definitely gained muscle which weighs more. Keep on doing what you're doing!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Man you look great....Good job...Pictures speaks volumes...
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Muscle mass FTW! You look lovely!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE your stomach!!
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You have photographically made an excellent point. Thank you.
    You look terrific!!
  • Hitem20
    Hitem20 Posts: 121
    Options
    I am 5'5 . The picture on the LEFT I was 119 lbs, and on the right is current and I am 130 lbs my heaviest. Personally I feel a big difference and am stronger than I have been. I stopped weighing myself and have been going by how I look and feel. Numbers can be discouraging!!

fitchang-1.jpg

Weight doesnt matter when you look like this.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    It may just be the cuter outfit you're wearing on the left, but I personally think you look way hotter in the before pic. Don't get too scrawny, or you'll start to lose those fantastic curves!

:explode:
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!! I completely agree, the scale is an evil torture device!!! :tongue:
  • litlgator
    Options
    Its true about weight. If you get really in tune with your body and eating, you don't need the scale to tell you if you have lost or gained weight. I only weigh myself once a month just to track it in my fit pal, but I let how my clothes feel tell me. Weighing yourself every day can cause a lot of anxiety.

In the last 18 months, I have lost about 25 pounds, but for the first 6 months, I only lost 5 pounds, but I went down 2 sizes. Muscles and toning up will not make the scale go down, but you definitely look and feel better. Once I had more muscle, the weight has know slowly started coming down. Its better for your metabolism, imo.

Thanks for posting your pics and the reminder, its not all about weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!