Post Gallbladder pain

Options
I've been careful of what I eat post gallbladder removal almost 3 months. I was told by my dr. to return to normal diet. I've also seen my regular dr.
The pain is almost as bad as before gallbladder removal. Pain is so bad sometimes I can't sleep the entire night or only get a couple hours sleep.
I've had a lot of other tests/procedures done with no relief from pain.
I have done the following: no gum, no soda, no eating fast, no beans or lentils, no dairy (lowfat cheese is suppose to be okay), no sorbitol, no cabbage type veggies, no grains, no juice, no wine, no beer. I have tried beano.
Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

Replies

• stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    is the pain sort of like chest pain? like upper stomach and a lot of "pressure" type of feeling?
  • Will210
    Will210 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound normal. I did have any pain besides the wounds that were created for surgery. Did not really change up my diet. Maybe they missed a stone?
  • candypa
    candypa Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Not a chest pain. The pain is like from about the rib area down. I've had kidney stones removed on both sides. I've also had a colonoscopy and the throat/stomach scope just prior to the gallbladder surgery. The results of those tests were normal. I'm very frustrated.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    its possible your stomach has bile in it... that can cause a lot of bad pain
  • adrienne1086
    adrienne1086 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Could be postcholecystectomy syndrome. http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/192761-overview
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I have had the same thing. I describe the pain as someone reaching into my belly and twisting my stomach. I would have to lay completely still for hours as it seemed movement would aggravate the cramping. The docs look at you like you are crazy. The only thing I would say is to continue watching what you eat, I had to cut out eggs for a very long time. Watch overly fatty foods and raw veges for a while. It will get better over time. Sorry you are experiencing this, it really hurts.
  • MissySho
    MissySho Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    The only time I ever had pain shortly after having gallbladder removed was when I ate something greasy, spicy, or drank mt dew....Good luck figuring this out. And I hope you will find something that works to relieve the pain.
  • candypa
    Options
    I forgot to add can't eat anything: spicy, breaded, greasy/oily. Some fruits.
  • candypa
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for your imput.
  • Chewster001
    Chewster001 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Go back to your doctor. Get LFTs done. You may need to get another scope to make sure you don't have a stone stuck in your newly repaired common bile duct or you might have a post-surgical stricture. You may also have a completely different problem. This absolutely is NOT the place to get your medical advice.
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    i had my gallbladder removed its been 7 yrs now..... i started to get the same pain a few months back which was suprising as i don't have a gallbladder i went to my docs who tested for ulcers and h pylori which they found.....i'd go to the docs and see what they can do...the doctor said that abdominal pain can be caused by alot of things suprisingly the pain felt the same as when i had stones x
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    how often??? cause I had it done and got those pains afterwards for a while....I was told because the body is adjusting and its kind of a phantom pain where the body thinks its still there and creates similar pain
  • candypa
    Options
    Got medical attention today. Thanks for all your help.
  • Chewster001
    Chewster001 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Good. Hope you feel better soon!