I HAVEN'T LOST IN 9 MONTHS!!!

Options
Bootcamps, diets, veggies & fruit only, weight training, cardio only AND with weghts and I still am weighing with in 10lbs of my first weight loss which was 10lbs. I still weight between 280-285.
I have had blood work done and everything is normal. I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO!
I am about to take somepills. I may try Adipex but I don't really want too... UGH!

Replies

• Tamicejl
    Tamicejl Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    it could be a few things that is preventing weight loss. Are you eating your recommended calories. I really don't know where to start.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    maybe you're not eating enough. i'm sure others will comment on this as well. is your diary unlocked so it can be reviewed? there could be something there that you're just not seeing.
  • dahkneeka
    dahkneeka Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    If you unlock your diary and provide your stats I am sure lots of people will be able to make suggestions which will help you move forward.

Good luck!
  • KaraAlste
    KaraAlste Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    She's right about the calories. Log in everyday and make sure your hitting the target! Don't forget beverages, snacks, ect....
    Keep working hard and being motivated. Pills are good if you are stuck just to reach a short term goal. Good Luck!
  • xo_Sarah_xo
    xo_Sarah_xo Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    THEN THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG!

Seriously though:
    1. Eating too much
    2. Medical problem (diagnosed or not diagnosed)
    3. Not logging/measuring correctly

Likely one or more of the above. I am probably missing some though....
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    No way to help you without seeing your diary. That's the key to your problem.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Do you want real help or are you looking for sympathetic ears? Asking because it makes a difference how people react to you. The former is probably going to be things you don't want to hear - but need to hear anyway. Fair warning lady.
  • jeleclekat
    jeleclekat Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    maybe NOT eating enough. I've just realized how true that can be. MFP has my calories at 1640 which I thought way to high so I stayed around 1200. Did fine for a few weeks, then stalled. I upped them a bit and not doing better.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Stop the fad diets. Work out how many calories you should be eating to lose and stick with it.
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options

Seriously though:
    1. Eating too much

^ Agreed. In every way, shape, and form.
  • mike_littlerock
    mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
    Options

Seriously though:
    1. Eating too much

agreed, but would add:
    4. over measuring calorie burn from exercise.

its a pretty simple formula.. if you consume more than you burn, you gain.. burn more than consumption and you lose.
    we can be pretty accurate on consumption, as long as you enter ANY food or drink you consume and are realistic about the quantities. we bought a kitchen scale to check weights. Measuring burn from exercise is a bit harder.. if you use an HRM/Fitbit/Bodybugg you will have a general idea and is probably more accurate than a chart as some people are really doing moderate levels but put down intense and get a number thats too high.

then we get to your TDEE or BMR number.. MOST people will be pretty close to the calculator used by MFP and others. if you are being really careful to measure everything accurately on food, and you are pretty close on the calories burned, this would be your only variable. To me it makes sense to go to a doctor to get basic checks (thyroid, etc).

From my experience, the cases of a genuine medical condition are much less common than an inaccuracies in measuring what you consume, or being far too generous on calorie burn. your diet log is locked so cant offer you any help there.
  • helen8kids
    helen8kids Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was in the exact position as you until I started to incorporate protein shakes in my diet for meal substitution. I've also omitted as may whites as I could such as white flour, sugar, rice, potatoes..... It's 80% of what we eat. Even though fruit is healthy for you there's a lot of natural sugar. I feel amazing and I'm down 30lbs. Be careful of the protein shakes, most have to many carbs. If you waould like to know which ones I drink, just let me know. Also check out tabatas for exercise. It's only 20 min. though tough.