MIO flavors?

Options
i saw a few people on here talking about using MIO, so i picked up a bottle to try it out a couple of days ago. i got the Sweet Tea flavor, and although i can tell that it does approximate the taste of sweet tea, it has a bit of a "chemical" aftertaste to me. i assume that's the artificial sweetener in it, which i'm not used to.

do all flavors have this "chemical" aftertaste? which MIO flavors taste the most like what they are supposed to be, in your opinion(s)?

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    It has propylene glycol which is used in antifreeze!!
  • MrsSheenaHorner
    Options
    i perfer mio over crystal light! i have four different ones! helps alot with making me drink more water! havent had pop in 3 weeks.. :)
  • MrsSheenaHorner
    Options
    ew? lol
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I have Cranberry Pomegranate ( I think ) It's not bad, as long as it's cold and has vodka in it :)

really though, it's a good flavor
  • dlveck
    dlveck Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the Strawberry Watermelon.

Mio's are totally keeping me from drinking soda. I never drank water before and usually did 2 cans of Pepsi a day. Now I drink water (flavored with Mio) all day and in 3.5 weeks I've been on MFP I've only had 2 Pepsi's.

I think I call that a NSV!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    My favorite Mio flavor is the Cherry energy one - and the Green energy one is pretty good too.
  • Shrelana
    Shrelana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I like the orange mixed with green thunder :)
  • Keto_Keith
    Options
    Propylene glycol is used:
    As an ingredient in the oil dispersant Corexit, used in great quantities during the Deepwater Horizon oil spill[5][6]
    To de-ice aircraft wings and empennage[7]
    As a solvent in many pharmaceuticals, including oral, injectable and topical formulations (notably, diazepam, which is insoluble in water, uses propylene glycol as its solvent in its clinical, injectable form[8])
    As a humectant food additive, labeled as E number E1520
    As an emulsification agent in Angostura and orange bitters
    As a moisturizer in medicines, cosmetics, food, toothpaste, shampoo, mouth wash, hair care and tobacco products
    As a carrier in fragrance oil
    To produce polyester compounds
    As a base in deicing solution
    As an ingredient in massage oils
    In hand sanitizers, antibacterial lotions, and saline solutions
    In smoke machines to make artificial smoke for use in firefighters' training and theatrical productions
    In electronic cigarettes, as a vaporizable base for diluting the nicotine liquid
    As a solvent for food colors and flavorings
    As an ingredient, along with wax and gelatin, in the production of paintballs
    As a moisture stabilizer (humectant) for snus (Swedish style snuff)
    As a cooling agent for beer and wine glycol jacketed fermentation tanks
    As a nontoxic antifreeze for winterizing drinking water systems (for example recreational vehicles), and in applications where the used antifreeze eventually will be drained into the soil, water, or a septic system[9]
    As a less-toxic antifreeze in solar water heating systems
    As a solvent used in mixing photographic chemicals, such as film developers
    In cryonics
    As a working fluid in hydraulic presses
    As a coolant in liquid cooling systems
    To regulate humidity in a cigar humidor
    As the killing and preserving agent in pitfall traps, usually used to capture ground beetles
    As an additive to pipe tobacco to prevent dehydration
    To treat livestock ketosis
    As the main ingredient in deodorant sticks
    As an ingredient in UV or blacklight tattoo ink
    As a lubricant in air conditioning compressors
    As a wetting agent, used to determine drying time in paints and coatings
    Used in the beverage mixer Sweet N Sour.

It's non-toxic and sweet. May be harmful, but I like the cherry electrolyte on myself. The Wal-Mart brand is half the price too.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    thanks. i'm well over the hurdle and now only drink water (well 99% of the time i only drink water). was just looking for an occasional change of taste by trying out the MIO. i'll go for the Cherry Energy flavor next time. i hope the chemical aftertaste is less noticeable on that one...