LADIES- Bra question

Options
When do u know when you need a new bra, needless to say, a new size?

When i raise my hand up my bra goes up right along then I have to readjust them girls inside....new size?

Replies

• Candysland2013
    Options
    Yes definitely
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Go get measured. Victoria's Secret always has associates who will measure you in the store.
  • hypocritelecter
    hypocritelecter Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Definitely go in for a bra fitting! I'm noticing that the final clasp doesn't give me a snug fit, and (unfortunately) the cups aren't completely full anymore.
  • mdulanto9177
    Options
    thanks ladies for the suggestions....I work at Lane Bryant and do my own bra fitting...I am just in awe that i'm going to need a new size soon...I just bought a new size less than a year ago...and need to buy my next size down....I love this feeling...

4 years ago, I was a 46DD, and I'm recently wearing a 42D....I'm going in today and update you guys later...I'm just happy.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I know I need a new bra when the girls try to escape out the bottom...when the band is obviously too big...when the cups are so big that I keep dropping my phone ( I keep it in my left cup so I can hear it).

In the last 10 months I have gone from a 42DD down to a 38C... hopefully it stops here!
  • mdulanto9177
    Options
    In the last 10 months I have gone from a 42DD down to a 38C... hopefully it stops here!
    [/quote]

good for you...I know what you mean... I need my D's to stop here too... I wouldn't mind the band going smaller though.
  • darisey
    darisey Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'd LOVE to be a D or even DD again. I believe I'm a 38H right now. Impossible to find that size lol
  • sarahrbraun
    Options

good for you...I know what you mean... I need my D's to stop here too... I wouldn't mind the band going smaller though.
    [/quote]

well, I think I was a 38C when I got pregnant for the first time...18 years ago!! Hubby is a boob guy, so he is already in mourning for what I have lost...
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Yes...that would be a good indicator.
    Get measured - I did and found out I'd been wearing the wrong size for quite some time.
  • RubySinclair
    RubySinclair Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    ( I keep it in my left cup so I can hear it).

Oh my.... this made me laugh!
    First I was like "what.... you can't hear it if it's in your RIGHT cup?" then I was like "Oh my....I've been using my phone ALL wrong!"
    Thanks for the giggle :laugh: :laugh: (it's been a LONG day... I needed it!)

ETA: I hope this doesn't sound insulting! It sure wasn't meant to be!!!!!:smile:
  • shiraLA
    shiraLA Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Go get measured. Victoria's Secret always has associates who will measure you in the store.

^^^^Victoria's Secret is awesome! I only get my bras from there. They are super nice, it's great quality, and they will fit you to your perfect size.
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You should be measured every ten pounds lost or gained.
  • sarahrbraun
    Options
    ( I keep it in my left cup so I can hear it).

Oh my.... this made me laugh!
    First I was like "what.... you can't hear it if it's in your RIGHT cup?" then I was like "Oh my....I've been using my phone ALL wrong!"
    Thanks for the giggle :laugh: :laugh: (it's been a LONG day... I needed it!)

ETA: I hope this doesn't sound insulting! It sure wasn't meant to be!!!!!:smile:

LOL!! I *could* put it in the right cup, but it would be awkward to get out since I am right handed....
  • mredsolomon
    mredsolomon Posts: 22 Member
    Options

that would be an awesome job to have.
  • GrannySparkle
    GrannySparkle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have been wearing Ahh Bras. BUT I know I need to downsize. It goes according to your shirt size. I have been wearing 3X and am now down to a 1X shirt size.
  • dannihawk
    dannihawk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies- its my first time ever reading the boards and I found this particular one. I just got a fitting at victoria secrets and am down a cup size but only in certain fits. Lacy vs. Demi vs. Full cup (well I can't pull off demi cut-I get bra muffin top)
    But what made me laugh out loud was keeping the phone in the left side of your bra. That's where I keep mine too! Love it!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Wow, if you need to ask PLEASE go for a proper fitting! Once you have something that truly fits, you won't be able to stand something that doesn't ever again. Sounds like you need a WAY smaller band to start with.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options

^^^^Victoria's Secret is awesome! I only get my bras from there. They are super nice, it's great quality, and they will fit you to your perfect size.

Actually OP looks rather voluptuous and in my opinion VS is not the best if she is. I would go somewhere like Nordstroms that sells better bras (Wacoal, etc).
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options

Actually OP looks rather voluptuous and in my opinion VS is not the best if she is. I would go somewhere like Nordstroms that sells better bras (Wacoal, etc).

I agree. VS tried to fit me into what they called a comparable size... Ugh. No! Not even close!!

Go online and try googling your bra "problem". For example: http://www.divinecaroline.com/37/103936-don-t-boob-six-indicators-an Measure yourself, find out your true size and then go to a site like BiggerBras.com. I've found some really well fitting bras there, eg, Le Mystere. Champion is my sports bra of choice (found at Target) but then again, I double up my bras when I run, workout or practice martial arts.
  • ToeshoeMezzo
    Options
    Yes. Do a measure and keep track of your bust and rib measurements as you lose weight, and check a bra size chart. Once you think you've gone down a size, get professionally fitted.