i need some help...

Options
i havent lost any weight in over a month and a half, ive been doing cardio at least 4 times a week. i upped my calories from 1200 to 1400 I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO:( im 117lbs and want to be 98lbs as i am quite small! ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT

Replies

• PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am with you. 45 days now, and I'm hovering around 4lbs lost in total. I haven't been REALLY serious until the last 3 weeks probably, but it's still maddening!
  • midge_ovoxo
    midge_ovoxo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i dont have a clue what to do:( feel like its all pointless work im doing:(
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Up your calories to 1700+, start weight training heavily and stop worrying about weight. Weight doesnt determine how good you look in a naked. It's the amount muscle you have as shown below. So how much do you workout, what type of workouts do you do? Also, adjust your macro's to 35% carbs, 40% protein and 25% fats. Protein is much better for you than carbs (carbs are still good though).

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/392784-skinny-fat-vs-fit-photo?hl=skinny+fat

BTW, how tall are you?
  • chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Try doing highs and lows with your calories. mon-1200 tues-1500 wed-1300 thurs-1800 fri-1200 etc... also add strength training to the mix and switch up what you do for cardio. Do HIIT's to really switch things up. I know that people say be patient and consistent, but I find when I change my routine entirely, it gets the ball rolling again.
  • midge_ovoxo
    Options
    at the minute im doing the 30 day shred, walking around a lot through out the day aswell and i also use a cross trainer, waist trimmer, before&after workour charlie brooks DVD...
    i darent up my calories any more, i never know what sort of things to eat, i just go for the crisps and chocolate
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Um, how tall are you?? because this does not sound healthy.
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Obvious question of the moment: I know you said "quite small", but how tall are you? If you are trying to lose more than your healthy weight, your body is probably rebelling.
  • midge_ovoxo
    Options
    im 5 foot
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Um, how tall are you?? because this does not sound healthy.

Yep we were definitely posting at the same time.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Based on your stats and exercise routine 1700 calories isn't too much. It's actually right on par unless you have a metabolic issue. This is average for most women I work out... kind of on the lower end. But in all seriously, drop the 30DS crap and start weight training. This is where you will see the greatest changes in body composition.
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    117 is a pretty good weight for a short girl....98 is WAY too low! Concentrate on strength and fitness, not the scale!

Less chocolate and chips, more raw fruits, veggies, and proteins too.
  • sonshine9211
    Options
    My thought to you is: what are the medical charts for your height and age?? 117 pounds is a fantastic weight. Why the additional weight loss? Is 98 pounds unrealistic??

Please talk with your doctor to seek medical advice before doing anything more. Your picture shows a beautiful young lady.
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I have no idea why you would want to be 98 lbs- but to me that's just not logically. You're short, but not that short.
  • midge_ovoxo
    Options
    i suppose its not the weight as much that im concerned about...i think its more the inches around my stomach area and thighs

thankyou for all the comments guys! its all really appreciated
  • psuLemon
    Options
    i suppose its not the weight as much that im concerned about...i think its more the inches around my stomach area and thighs

thankyou for all the comments guys! its all really appreciated

If you can, get some body fat calipers so you can understand how much lean body mass you have. Even if you drop some inches, if you don't have enough LBM, you have to go through a bulk phase to gain some more to allow your skin to fill out. It's very common in men and women that are very light.
  • midge_ovoxo
    Options
    If you can, get some body fat calipers so you can understand how much lean body mass you have. Even if you drop some inches, if you don't have enough LBM, you have to go through a bulk phase to gain some more to allow your skin to fill out. It's very common in men and women that are very light.
    [/quote]

what do you mean by that?
  • psuLemon
    Options

what do you mean by that?
    [/quote]

Body fat calipers are a tool used to know how much lean body mass and fat you have (lean body mass = bone, tissue, muscle, water, etc.. everything not fat).

Muscle is what makes a body tight and lean. The more you have, the easier it is to see muscle definition. I have seen it a ton of times when women try to get too small that it's impossible to see muscle definition. Due to this, they have to add muscle back they lost during weight loss in order to look fit. See the two links I posted above.
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    *logical
  • lillauraseymour
    lillauraseymour Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i darent up my calories any more, i never know what sort of things to eat, i just go for the crisps and chocolate

Chocolate and Crips are both high in saturated fats and can be quite deadly, even if your under your calorie intake with those foods, you will not lose weight.