carb cravings

Options
i have always been such a huge carb eater .. and although im not hungry most of the time when i follow this diet , i find myself craving carbs.. bought a box of grainberry toasted oats because one serving is a cup. i figured i could pick on it when im carb craving and see what happens. i dont put any milk on it though but eat it like i would eat chips .im quite sure there are plenty of carb junkies out there..what are you doing to fight the cravings?

Replies

• amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    You could actually eat more carbs
    I hear you need 150 per day to have stable insulin.
    You are always under this.
    Your goal is ok, you just don't reach it
    try for 150-200 per day
    I personally like potato, but I eat other carbs too
  • Kathe2
    Kathe2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Where did you get this information?
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    ya youre right ..i do eat under my carb limit ..ill have to take a look at what im eating and try to make some changes..i have plenty of healthy carbs in the house i can start eating
  • Kathe2
    Kathe2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You could actually eat more carbs
    I hear you need 150 per day to have stable insulin.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    you need a complex carb and a protien with every meal :D
  • Thokiz
    Thokiz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I switched from Captain Crunch to a Kashi Whole Grain with 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt and found out I actually like it more than the sugary stuff :)
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'm a total carb addict. I have no idea how to stop. I also have Hypoglycemia as a result of my carb addiction. Next step. . . diabetes.
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I dont know that I crave them unless I have had a VERY low carb day, but I cant figure out on the days I eat more "bad" carbs, I just seem to want to eat all day vs keeping them in check, and higher protein and fats. Probably I should search the forums for my answer....Lol
  • 4Phoenix
    4Phoenix Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian most of my life and my carb cravings made em fat....pasta, pizza, bread, rice, potatoes, stuffing....those made me salivate in the past. I've been gradually becoming vegan and I have found that the more time that passes that I am not eating "white carbs"...the less I desire them. I' ll have to have a steel will at Thanksgiving because I'll be surrounded by the "whites". And I can't eat one bite....or I'm down the rabbit hole. But, as time passes that one bite becomes less desirable.