LOSE weight at 40(years)

Options
2»

Replies

• libr8me
    Options
    I am so happy to know that you are successful! I can use some motivation right now because it seems that ever since the approach of menopause I just can't seem to lose anything! I"m craving sweets and I'm so damn slow! I was always a hyper person and never sat still and now I don't even know who the hell is inside me anymore! Thank you for giving me hope.
  • libr8me
    Options
    I will be 49 in January! I miss my old frame. However, if you're inspired and you can do it so can I. Thank you for reminding me!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Please put a picture up.

I'm 47, you can do it.
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Howdy Peeps! I have been eating healthy for about 14 months now. I consider this to be my new life. In fact all I am really trying to do is be a healthy fit person. I consider the weight loss to be a "happy side effect" of that.

In all honesty, the hardest part about losing weight or getting healthy is the mindset. If you think of this is a diet (and I mean the "I need to lose 20 pounds to fit into that dress kinda diet), you will not succeed long term. Fitting into that dress is going to be a FABULOUS reward for your hard work, but it shouldn't be your goal. Your goal should be Health.

That's why I consider myself (my obnoxious preachy self - lol!) to already be a success. Because I know this is the new me on the inside. The outside is just catching up.:tongue:
  • shellihooten
    Options
    48 here. Age is NOT a barrier to weight loss. This is easily doable if you really want it.

^^^^DITTO^^^^ I'm 46. May 31st had the classic AHA Moment. I was 46 yrs, 4 months & 21 days.
    I have lost 71 pounds since. At least 30 more pounds to go.

I decided I was WORTH IT! Been 'fat' for 21 years of my 22 year marriage...NOT ANYMORE!

As has been mentioned by most everyone before me. Good, clean. sensible eating.
    And GET MOVING. I NEVER exercised before my change of heart. I am at the gym 5-6 days a week,
    and also get outside & walk along with getting the stamina to jog longer distances.

Log ALL your food, drink & exercise. Consistency is key. Don't deny yourself every little morsel of
    'foods' you absolutely have to have. Starting out fresh, I would avoid sugar & 'white' grains for the most part.
    Give your body a chance to get un-addicted(if you are) If you're not, well good job! I sure was.

Just know your making a lifestyle change, NOT going on a DIET! Huge difference. Plus, you will feel so much better
    inside & out!

Knock 'em dead! Feel free to add me if you want (anyone here for that matter).
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I'm 44yrs old and managed to lose nearly 16lbs this summer. I don't log my food daily but I am willing to cheer you on and share any tips I may have!
  • JooleySchmooze
    JooleySchmooze Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I wanted to be slimmer for my son's hs graduation in 2009 (and didn't do it) and then wanted to do it for my daughter's this year (didn't do it again!). Now, after her graduation and at age 46, I'm doing it!!! MFP is a wonderful tool. I started logging in this July and have slowly watched the scale move. I WILL be the size I want to be for my son's college graduation - and for the rest of the kiddos' (I have 4 - ages 21 to 7) hs and college graduations! Keep working it and you will find success!!!

46 years old
    5' 5"
    SW 184
    CW 147
    GW 140
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    i just turned 48 I was 47 when I started. Ive now lost about 50.5 lbs. My girls are grown, i have a nearly 2 yr old grand child. I would like to be around for her and any other that come along. I may be swimming up stream doing the doggy paddle but im moving. Good luck and welcome to the club
    Keri
  • Merrychrissmith
    Merrychrissmith Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    A CAUTIONARY TALE......

Please do it now and maintain! I am 41 lbs into a 67 lb goal. I am 62 now. When i was 40
    i was at my goal weight. Much harder now but needs to be done.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure my name says it all. I'm on the right end of the hard work right now, but there is a before pic in my profile photos to show where I came from. I'm healthier and happier at 39 than I was at 25. Best of luck and feel free to add. I put up the occasional racy photo, but I'm a happily married, conservative mother of 2 when I'm not out there kicking *kitten*.
  • msgfromdeb
    Options
    Hi! I will turn 42 in January. I would like to lose 30#. I am a mother of two boys 7 & 13. I was working out at the gym Jan - May and luckily had great results. I hold my weight well, but inside am not happy. I have just started clean eating. I did the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in NYC last month and feel motivated again. I work full time, going back to school full time and a mom/wife full time. My plate is full so I need to keep things simple. Going for a run in the morning before the clan wakes up :)
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Great thread. Can now count the days til 40 on my fingers, and joined in August. Needed to lose 100 pounds two years ago. Have almost 60 left. Great job everyone!
  • carla2259
    Options
    I know what you mean. I turned 43 and am having a hard time. I've never had to watch my weight and now would like to get rid of about 15 lbs. I should have appreciated my youth:)))))
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    It can be done!!! I am 49 years old and I have lost 18 pounds in 4 months. You just need to try your best to stay within your calorie goal, get some kind of exercise in at least 3-5 days a week and drink plenty of water.

Edited to say, log every bite you take. If you don't log it, don't eat it. Or better yet, if you eat it, log it. This is the key. Every little bite of something adds up. Condiments too!!
  • Sharlaew
    Sharlaew Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'll be 55 in December and decided I had been overweight long enough. I started dieting in June of this year, joined MFP in July. I've lost 33 lbs and have about 15 to go. This is by far the best way I have ever tried to loose weight. But it's more than a diet for me, it's a lifestyle change.
  • fork12345
    Options
    You are never too old to get healthy!!!! Keep going it might be hard but we are all in the same boat!!! :smooched:
  • rbhylton
    Options
    Hello, how do you guys make those cute charts.
  • riman26321
    Options
    Hi there. I am a mother of 5. Age 41 yrs old. Have tried to lose weight for so many years but failed. Being an asian, my diet contain rice a lot. I have joined myfitnesspal since early nov this year. hope will get support from all of you.
  • riman26321
    Options
    Love to read your success. May you share with us how you can loose those pounds?