Healthy Foods that you Crave

Options
Losing weight has meant eliminating a ton of the things I used to indulge in from my diet (ie. I ordered the grilled chicken and peppers at dinner tonight instead of the chicken tenders and fries that I really wanted), but I've discovered a lot of healthy choices that I've ended up craving since I started MFP. What "health foods" do you guys absolutely love? I don't mean the thing you eat because you know it's a good choice, but the things that you genuinely look forward to.

For me, it's raspberries, blueberries, and broccoli. I can't get enough of hot tea (green tea and chai spiced tea are going to keep me from freezing this winter now that most of my insulation is gone), although that's not really a food. I've also never met a tomato that I haven't wanted to inhale, but that's been a lifelong obsession, so it's nothing new.

What are your must-haves?

Replies

• Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Apple cut into quarters with honey and cinnamon, microwaved :)

Delicious. I might go have one now.
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I just picked the rest of my brussels sprouts from the garden and I'm craving those, oven roasted, with sea salt. Mmmm.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I make myself some pretty kick-*kitten* salads for lunch, and I always look forward to them!
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts for me too, roasted. Fage yogurt with honey.
  • jigglewiggles
    jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I know some salads aren't always so healthy, but I always limit my salad dressing, and cheese when I eat this one, but I crave greek salads from my local gyro shop. I love them. the feta, olives, green peppers, tomatoes, etc. etc. sooooo good. Also, frozen black grapes has become a new fave snack of mine, can't get enough.
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    fresh pico de gallo with avocado. YUM.
  • SillyFitMe
    SillyFitMe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    grilled chicken salads and oatmeal!!
  • Amlong1977
    Amlong1977 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I love my salads too! I put kidney beans in them & they make it so good. I love all the veggies & mushrooms. Yum! Now if I could just get someone to come over & make them for me. =)
  • daringstoic
    Options
    Ooh, I've also grown to love salads. I try to pair them with grilled chicken to get some protein. I'm really not a fan of salad dressing, so I often use spicy salsa instead. It's way healthier and I love the flavor. When I do use dressing, it's a teeny tiny amount (less than 1 tsp for a large salad).
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    All veggies and fruits...but that's how I've always been.

The world would be a miserable place without berries; especially RASPBERRIES. I love blackberries, blueberries, berries berries berries!

I just recently discovered my love for fresh raw cranberries. I've never tried them like that, and have only had cranberry juice and jams, etc, and HATED them after my mom made me sit down and eat a bunch of it when I had a UTI when I was younger lol.

I also love raw plain almonds..unsalted. Nummy.
  • daringstoic
    Options
    I thought of another one: black beans. I'm obsessed with them. I put them in soup, on salads, and on top of chicken. Yesterday I had some for lunch with just a sprinkling of cheese and cayenne pepper and I could not have asked for a tastier lunch for under 200 calories.
  • manwithpans
    manwithpans Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I've also grown to love salads. I try to pair them with grilled chicken to get some protein. I'm really not a fan of salad dressing, so I often use spicy salsa instead. It's way healthier and I love the flavor. When I do use dressing, it's a teeny tiny amount (less than 1 tsp for a large salad).

I have never thought of salsa. Im trying that tommorow
  • manwithpans
    manwithpans Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I fell in love with great northern white beans and I am starting to like turnip greens but only mixed in with pinto beans