Chocolate Chip Coconut Pumpkin Bars

Options
elijhasmomma
elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
Ohhh so I just made these and they are AMAZING! :blushing: So simple to make and takes no time at all! All you need is:

15oz can--Canned pumpkin (pure, not pie filling)
1 package--Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip muffin mix (simply add water packet--don't add water though!!)
1/2 cup--Sweetened Coconut Flakes
1 tbsp--Tollhouse dark chocolate morsels (just my preference--these could be omitted to lower cal count but they are soo good in here)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix all ingredients together in big bowl. Take an 8x8 cake pan or any pan, I line mine with foil for easy removal and clean up, and LIGHTLY spray the sides and bottom to ensure no sticking. Pour batter into lined pan. Lightly score the batter into 15 slices. Place pan into oven and bake for about 20-30mins depending on your oven and heat. Just poke a toothpick in the middle to make sure they are done.
Remove the foil from the pan and allow the bars to cool. Finish slicing through and voila! They are super moist and taste amazing. I sprinkled a little extra coconut on top instead of adding the whole 1/2cup into the batter.

**You can follow my instagram for more recipes and photos!!** addiction_major2015

ETA: Gee whiz--would help if I gave the nutrition facts LOL:: 97cals 16carbs 1g protein 96mg sodium 3g fat 2g fiber per serving--15 bars total

Happy Pumpkin eatin' yall! :bigsmile:

IMG_20121115_112302.jpg

Replies

• browneyesbb89
    browneyesbb89 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    These sound yummy!
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    are there choc chips in the muffin mix too?

(I noticed you only add 1 tablespoon of choc morsels, so I assume there are choc chips in the mix too, right?)

Something like this for only 100 calories, sounds incredible!
  • elijhasmomma
    Options
    are there choc chips in the muffin mix too?

(I noticed you only add 1 tablespoon of choc morsels, so I assume there are choc chips in the mix too, right?)

Something like this for only 100 calories, sounds incredible!

yes there are!! they are tiny though and i like dark chocolate so i added some. they are absolutely yum. they may seem like they are runny or too soft when u first take them out, but as long as the toothpick comes out clean they are done! they stay so super soft its ridiculous but they wont fall apart when u eat them...just melt in ur mouth!! yum:heart::smooched: :love:
  • KSofiak
    Options
    bump..
    these sounds amazing, i LOVE pumpkin and coconut! thx :)
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing this. I'll be baking in a month. (i'm only doing sugar cookies this year). Well I was only doing sugar cookies, I'm gonna add these in bc I love pumpkin anything and sugar cookies really aren't my thing.
  • page68
    page68 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    keeper
  • Cyndist1
    Options
    Good one to bump. Thanks for sharing.
  • elijhasmomma
    Options
    They are really good. I enjoy them. It is VERY hard to resist lol. Just an awesome combo for such few ingredients!! I'm all about super simple super quick.
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    thanks so much for sharing! I have been having pumpkin, chocolate chip, maple muffins for a week. This is something new! :wink:
  • tracymarie2012
    tracymarie2012 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    mmm bump.
  • eudemonia
    eudemonia Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    bump-- i'm a sucker for anything pumpkin :)
  • scorpio007007
    scorpio007007 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for recipe--will give it a try
  • elijhasmomma
    Options
    thanks so much for sharing! I have been having pumpkin, chocolate chip, maple muffins for a week. This is something new! :wink:

This sounds really good too! Mind sharing the recipe?? I have been thinking about doing a chocolate chip oatmeal pumpkin muffin for breakfast as well
  • DeborahBatewell
    DeborahBatewell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    bump for later! Thanks!
  • ashleymm1982
    ashleymm1982 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • sharonloraine
    sharonloraine Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    sounds delish!!! do you know the sugars in this recipe??
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I'd probably add a scoop or two of chocolate protein powder instead of chocolate chips.
  • trinityrecgirl
    Options
    These sound like they would be good to take to upcoming holiday parties. Will have to try them. Will also look for ways to cut down the sugar as I have to be really careful. Thanks so much.