50 Ways to Fail a Diet

Options
Anyone with a weight problem have done thing to sabotage themselves, and finding out someone else does the same thing is Funny!
Here is my start on a list of things I have done. Please add your favorite FAIL! :blushing:

Fifty Ways to Fail a Diet

1. Buy fat free snacks like marshmallows or red licorice

2. Buy chips for your kids in large bags

3. Keep the candy dish full for company

4. Hide high calorie foods like cookies or cake in the freezer so you won’t eat them

5. Buy a membership to weight watchers but never go to meetings

6. Become a professional baker

7. Buy diet pills online that turn out to be fakes from China

8. Keep a journal of what you eat and write “stuff” for things you don’t want to count

9. While deciding what to eat, snack on cereal from the box.

10. Drink five or six diet sodas a day to make sure you get enough water.

11. Always cook enough food to allow for leftovers.

12. Make sure to increase your calorie intake if you exercise

13 Buy peanut butter

14. Add a little real cheese to those low cal freezer meals. They will taste so much better.

15. Drink your coffee with fat free half and half. Half creamer and half coffee

16. When you order your non fat white chocolate mocha and the Barista asks “with whip?” respond with a resounding “Sure!”

17. Never leave a cake edge uneven.

18. When you get home from the grocery store with the gallon of ice cream (you bought for someone else) and it is starting to melt, remember this can be corrected with a spoon.

19. Hide candy so you won’t eat it (or really so no one else will eat it)

20. Go grocery shopping the day after Halloween or Easter…..candy 50% off!

21. If you overeat one day, you may as well start over next week.

Replies

• lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I like the eating cereal out of a box while deciding what to eat (make for dinner)! I do this. I'm usually so hungry by the time I get home from work that I grab granola, crackers, cereal, almonds to snack on while making dinner! That's why I try to make a big pan or pot of something healthy that I can just pop in the microwave as soon as I walk in the door to have for dinner.

I also get in trouble with stopping to see my neice on my way home. She's always eating goldfish or fruit snacks and insists on sharing with me!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    22. buy measuring cups and scale but never weigh or measure out food.

23. guesstimate how much you eat by sayin oh there's no way I consumed "4" servings it was only 2. So only count it as 2.

24. if you only sip soda and no drink a whole serving you don't have to count it.

25. if you only munch on a few chips you don't have to count them. Even if you just consumed half a serving.
  • amyowens08
    amyowens08 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    picking food off your kids plates at breakfast.....and lunch...and snack time...and dinner...
  • amccord2
    amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    26. Looking over at your "fit" spouse's plate and saying, "I must be doing OK, I'm not eating more than he!"
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    27. Let little daughter get one of those fresh baked loaves of French bread still warm at the grocery store..... (1 slice for her, the rest of the loaf for you-know-who......)
  • nursegnet
    nursegnet Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Great post. I can relate to a lot these. I should write one for myself as a reality check. :smile:
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    28. use MFP's estimates for calories burned. they waaaay overestimate
  • tdbad1
    tdbad1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    ordering dressing or gravy or whatever, "on the side" and then pouring it over the food yourself.

eating the "last little bit" in the pot cause there isn't enough to save for leftovers, and too much to throw out.
  • JustRenea
    JustRenea Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    29. Starve yourself (Eat under 1200 calories)
    30. Take the elevator (IFF you are perfectly capable of walking up stairs
    31. Say "oh I've done real well..i can have a week..or two..or three off:

Seriously...i walk up 50 stairs every day cuz i park on the forth floor of my parking garage at school...i hate it...but hey...i feel good about it afterwards
  • JustRenea
    JustRenea Posts: 82 Member
    Options

eating the "last little bit" in the pot cause there isn't enough to save for leftovers, and too much to throw out.

But...but ...my parents yell at me if I leave it! And besides it looks so good :laugh:
  • C_Lopez
    C_Lopez Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    6. Become a professional baker

HA!!! I did become a baker, omg too funny!!! But I'm still losing weight!! Just have my family as taste testers!!
  • strangewebby
    Options

That's my #1 problem! I might not even like what I'm eating but I can't make myself throw it away.
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    *Allowing the word "diet" into my vocabulary.

:wink:
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Go over a few calories for the day, and then say eff it, and binge at night!! :laugh:

And buy a container of cookies for the kids, only allow them to have one each, and eat the rest of them after they go to bed! :blushing:
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    32. Marry an amazing cook.
    33. Develop a love for craft beer.
  • misslindseylou
    misslindseylou Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Go on a crazy diet where you just eat 50 bites a day.
  • Adilts814
    Options
    Having a husband who looooooooves pizza and a bff who loooooooooooves Starbucks
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    * Buying the foods you don't buy for a reason. (Mine are kettle chips or soy ice cream...never ends well!)
    * Eyeballing measurements
    * Eating peanut butter straight out of the container.
    * Buying anything that you can eat by the handful out of a box or bag. ;)
    * Carbs. Nuff said!
    * Telling yourself you have to lose a certain amount of weight. When you fail, getting depressed about it and doing the exact opposite. (Well I guess if I can't lose the weight I'll gain it instead! haha)
  • mikes99mail
    mikes99mail Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    work 14 hour days, get really stressed, eat crap and drink too much wine to 'cope'.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I have a weird example.

a Chinese guy fell in love with me and send me a huge box full of truffles and all kinds of chocolates and candy.