Whats eating clean mean???

Options
I keep seeing people post about eating clean. What is it exactly?? Does that mean salads, chicken, fish??? Im confused

Replies

• Tamiash
    Tamiash Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I wondered that too!:smile:
  • sheri3762
    sheri3762 Posts: 159
    Options
    I wondered the same thing when I read that post!!!lol I thought it meant that you try to eat unprocessed foods. for example, no pre-prepared meals. Mabye I'm not right, but i sure hope someone on here tells us!!!
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I take it to mean foods that are not processed - and I'm trying to eat this way, clean. That's what it means to me.

I found this:

"Clean eating" is practiced by bodybuilders and health-conscious people alike. Clean foods are natural, free of added sugars, hydrogenated fats, trans-fats and anything else that is unnatural and unnecessary. Many people use this diet as a way to lose weight. Used as a way of life, clean eating can make you feel healthy and full of energy.
  • Heather_b1986
    Heather_b1986 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i think it means not eating anything with an ingredient you cant pronounce! or atleast have an idea what it is so unrefined unprocessed foods but not sure interested to see what the definition is too:smile:
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    Clean eating is eating all natural foods. No processed foods, no white flour, no white sugar. SO basically fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, Complex Carbohydrates
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    Clean eating is eating all natural foods. No processed foods, no white flour, no white sugar. SO basically fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, Complex Carbohydrates
  • balance9
    balance9 Posts: 160
    Options
    Real food, in the most basic sense. Whole foods as opposed to processed foods. If you do eat something that has a label on it -- read it. No chemicals or fake stuff, no artificial sweeteners, no 'modified' foods like high fructose corn syrup, soy protein isolate, etc. A 'clean' ice cream, for example, would be made with milk, cream, sugar, and real vanilla bean as opposed to one that had like, 23 ingredients on it that only a chemist would recognize:-) Food tastes SO much better.
  • araines92
    araines92 Posts: 12
    Options
    In the words of Jillian Michaels..."If it doesn't have a mother or grow in the ground...don't eat it". I haven't gone quite that far yet, but over the last year my husband and I have really "cleaned" up our eating habits.
  • bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    ...i ALWAYS shower before I eat!

*laugh*

Less garbage, more healthy foods!
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    well, it looks like im certainly no "eating clean"!!!!! but i do eat better than i did before. thats good enough for now!