Pregnant with the mirena

Options
2»

Replies

• kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    This whole topic is making me nervous..
    I had the Mirena put in this September. I'm a few weeks late for my period, I am chalking it up to the IUD. I don't feel pregnant though...

Good luck to the OP!
  • jabberwalkie89
    Options
    Hey guys you can still ovulate without a period just so you know. I haven't had a period since August, but I'm only about 6-7 weeks ish pregnant. It does happen. Getting pregnant on birth control happens too, but it's the exception not the rule. I'm pregnant because I was on the pill and couldn't afford my copay last month. The pill is a horrible method of bc because there is room for all kinds of human error. I'm not too bent out of shape about it tho. Mirena is a much more effective method than the pill, but every method will fail from time to time. Oh and a parting tip, breastfeeding is NOT an effective method of birth control. You may stop bleeding when you are breastfeeding, but you can resume ovulating as soon as 4 weeks after delivery, breastfeeding or not.
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    The Mirena causes periods to get really light or disappear completely for some women. Lucky them :grumble:

:blushing:

You definitely should go see a doctor. If you ARE pregnant with the Mirena, it could be dangerous.

Hope all turns out okay!
  • tiffanyneedstolose
    Options
    Hey everyone I forgot to update after going to planned parent hood... I am not pregnant thank The Lord and thank you for all the feed back!