Pizza 140 calories per slice!!!

Options
bethinagain
bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
Just tried this receipe at home. Not bad at all! Reminded me of a pizza that I used to get through Jenny Craig. A whole 8" pizza is only 506 calories!

Preheat oven to 350

Dough:
1 cup of old fashion oats (Quaker)
1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese
3 raw egg whites

Blend together until you have what looks like cake batter. Use a non stick spray (Pam) and coat the inside of an 8" round pan. Go ahead and spray heavy, this tends to want to stick. Pour batter/dough into pan, be sure to cover the entire bottom of pan. Bake for 15 minutes.

Take out of oven and apply one Laughing Cow Cheese Light (any flavor) to the top of the dough. It will melt fast, so be sure to cover all of the pizza. Hint: use the back side of a big spoon for this application and don't burn your self on the rim of the pan! Then add 4 Tlbs. of your favorite salsa. I used Costco's Mango Salsa. Yum! At this time turn your oven to Broil on High and place the pizza on the top rack for 5 MINUTES ONLY! This will allow the toppings to bake into the pizza.

Remove from oven and let it sit to cool. This process will harden the pizza dough and it will be alot easier to handle when cutting! Cut into 4 quarters and enjoy! This pizza dough is more on the moist side rather than crispy.

Per slice:

CALORIES:140 CARBS:19 FAT:3 PROTIEN:10

Replies

• sheri3762
    sheri3762 Posts: 159
    Options
    This sounds really good!!! I'm gonna make it this week!! thanks for the post!!!!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Oh my goodness, as long as you use gluten-free oats (regular oats often come into contact with gluten during manufacturing) then this is a gluten free pizza :love:
  • mocorbin
    mocorbin Posts: 24
    Options
    Hey bethinagain! :happy: Do you really have 5 kids? Thanks for the pizza recipe but I'd rather splurge once a week and have a real slice from Pizza Hut or Jets or maybe even Spinger's. :laugh:

675748.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Яaquel
    Яaquel Posts: 90
    Options
    I could go for pizza =]
  • paulaswrld
    Options
    This sounds awesome!
  • GingerSnark
    GingerSnark Posts: 153
    Options
    Not to be negative Nelly but that doesn't sound like pizza. Im sure it tastes ok but thats just not pizza in my book.

I'd be willing to try that dough & use my own homemade pizza sauce plus some low fat or fat free ricotta + reduced fat motz.