Replies

• Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Wow fantastic
  • jessicalynn75
    jessicalynn75 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Saying thank you to the ones that just posted... :)
  • JEMP65
    JEMP65 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your incredible journey, you have won the hard fight. You look absolutely amazing!
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    YOU are gorgeous!
  • LaxJac
    LaxJac Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful transformation. Very inspirational. Thanks for sharing!
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are such in inspiration to me. Congrats and you look beautiful
  • truckerbabe67
    Options
    WOW!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (((HUGS!!))) that is SOOOO AWESOME!!! well im fairly new to my fitness pal / MFP. I just started about 5 days ago... and i need to lose at least about 100 lbs but for now my mini goal is to get below 200.... then to keep on till i get to where i need and want to be! Thank you sooo much for sharing your success story with us, and your pictures! you look awesome! GREAT JOB! how did you do it? cause lord knows its not easy.... i struggle EVERY DAY... to stay on my calorie goal, and work out goal.. not easy. but i just keep doing my best..everyday. with my goal in mind..and my health.
  • lqtransformation130
    Options
    you deserve a pat on the back! great job :smile:
  • barbiek999
    barbiek999 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous girl! Congratulations on an absolutely phenomenal job!!! You are so inspiring, thank you for sharing your transformation with us!!!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Excellent.

any details for encouragement and inspiration for everyone.

General diet method.

General exercise frequency and type.

Changes that had to be made to either as time went on.
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation !
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    That before pic could be your mother you look so much younger now.
  • MandiK3
    MandiK3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! that is such dedication.
  • Jessicaluvsmex3
    Options
    Hi! My name is Jessica. I started my journey in June 2011 at 300 lbs and 18 months later I am 147 lbs. Goal is 145. Discovered MFP in March 2012.

Before and After pic:

232323232%7Ffp%3B%3A9%3Enu%3D3235%3E56%3B%3E658%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3A7%3B5%3A%3B%3C433%3Anu0mrj

Jessica you look amazing. Very inspirational
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    unreal!! you look like a different person! :drinker:
    you lost a person!!!! amazing
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! You look amazing!!! Looks like all of your hard work paid off!! Congratulations!!!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    wowza!!!!!
  • jessicalynn75
    jessicalynn75 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Several on here asked how I did it...

Well, I started out just going to the gym three days a week for 30 minutes on the treadmill or elliptical. I was actually told by a doctor to eat 1200 calories and that I could drop that down to 1000 a couple of days a week. I don't recommend that low of calories. I felt dizzy a lot of time and started eating closer to my BMR for several months. Gradually increased my time at the gym. Eventually, started trying to eat healthier - which in my head at the time was lean cuisine...bad idea...sodium levels skyrocketed!

Spent many months just gradually increasing time in the gym - longer workouts added strength training. Started to love the Adaptive Motion Trainer. I think it really helped me get ready for jogging.

Started trying to work up to a 5K this summer. Jogging my first mile was a killer and took about a month to work up to it. Then the rest came pretty easily in the scheme of things. I've now jogged five 5Ks within the last seven weeks with my time being faster with each one! Yeah!

Completely changed my eating habits this past August. I eat a lot of the same foods daily. I don't have a "cheat" meal a week. I usually only cheat (and I try to keep it in check) on holidays.

Staples of my diet: egg whites, an egg, banana, and a gala apple a day, chicken, fish, turkey, spinach, frigo light string cheese, laughing cow cheese, Ezekiel bread, hummus, cucumbers, tomatoes, broccoli, brown rice, quinoa, barley, beans, sweet potatoes, red peppers, jalapenos, spaghetti squash, lentils, greek yogurt, natural peanut butter, etc...always trying to try new veggies to see if I like them.

I measure everything and really try to get the most for my calories. I eat between my BMR and TDEE now because I need more fuel for my workouts. I now do anywhere from an hour to two hours usually six days a week.

Well, that's my story for the last 18 months. I want to lose this last 3 lbs which will put me at a normal BMI for maybe first time since I was 12! Then I will re-evaluate how I feel and look. Definitely need to lift heavier and will probably get some "body contouring" done. My skin did really well considering I did lose the equivalent of another person, but I've worked too hard to be unhappy with what I see in the mirror.

Thank you to everyone's kind posts! I hope to do the same for all of you!
  • vawahoofan
    Options
    WOW! Great Job! Thanks for posting.
  • SadieToughLady
    Options
    Wow, simply AMAZING. Congratulations on your success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!