Week before Thanksgiving-perfect time to start again-Right?

Options
:laugh:

Story of most of my life. Looking forward to finding encouragement and hopefully being an encouragement some day. Add me as a friend if you like.
-K

Replies

• andygirl5255
    Options
    I have made the decision to get back in shape!!!! Lost 25 pounds on South Beach two-three years ago. Kept it off till recently. Now I am ready to get back on target a week before Thanksgiving. Help me you guys!!!! Working out tomorrow and starting Phase 1 of South Beach again. Good luck to you. Let's do this!!!
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I "started again" 3 days before Thanksgiving this year. (Canadian Thanksgiving). I thought maybe I should wait until after, but then I probably would have never done it. Haha. Welcome back!
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! Add me if you like
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    This is a perfect time to start again. Every day is a new beginning and we can start anew. I have been overweight all my life and I finally started taking control of my life 14 mos. again. This site is great in watching, I mean really watching, what you eat and keeping track of your exercise. I am on here everyday and have an open diary. Please feel free to add me for support and encouragement.
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Last year i started my journey of transformation on November 8th... YES, right before the holidays. At that time I decided I wasn't going to diet anymore as diet programs imply temporary change. I no longer wanted a temporary change and instead focused on how to develop a healthy relationship with food, for a lifetime. I see nothing wrong with starting now... When else do you start? A Monday, the 1st of a month, after Thanksgiving, after Christmas, after New Years.. There will always be "something" that could allow you to POSTPONE your journey... Instead of letting ONE day be the reason NOT to start, use all of the other days as reasons TO start.
    I'd also suggest ditching the south beach DIET.. Obviously it didn't work for a lifetime. Maybe you'd be interested in checking out the USDA website.. It has lots of great information of developing and maintaing a healthy lifestyle and eating plan.

http://fnic.nal.usda.gov/weight-and-obesity/practical-healthy-weight-control
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you start, starting NOW is what gets you somewhere. Good luck! Don't let one day set you back x
  • queensturg
    Options
    Any time is a good time to start! And one thing about Thanksgiving, turkey is one of the healthiest meats you can eat, as long as you don't deep-fry it ;)
  • TampaLinc
    Options
    I was just thinking the same thing, but figured if I didn't start now I wouldn't until next year.
    If I can plan my meals and snacks out for the next three days, it might make things easier with all the running around and travel for the holidays.
  • TLyn_Skid
    Options
    No better time to start I say! I started about a week ago and thought maybe the timing was bad because of the holidays coming up. But now I'm pretty sure it was a great decision - I'm motivated to eat healthy while incorporating just a few bites of my holiday favorites into my alotted calories. Good luck (to us all)!
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Any day is a good day to start. You get on the right track sooner.
  • jvinsondonald
    Options
    Make lots of vegetables and stay away from the pies, I decided to start again today I do not want to be fat and fifty next year.
  • wilmawm
    wilmawm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It's a great time to start! Why wait? Yesterday is history, tomorrow isn't here yet. Make today count. :)
  • Fit4LifeHeather
    Fit4LifeHeather Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can do this! If you are looking for some healthy recipe ideas for the holidays I posted some! Add me and I'll help cheer you on!
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    This is as good of time to start as any. I started just after holloween last year. My only goal was not to gain any more weight through the holidays.

edit: I started over...
  • foodhatesme
    Options
    A good as time as any, I need friends also. Good luck to you, lets do this!