Nurses or shiftworkers.

Options
Hiya looking for any nurses or shift workers to add me as My job is getting in my way. I actually struggle to eat and then binge, (not in a mental health way) just im starving.

please add me :) been a member 45 days x

Replies

• KCrandi
    KCrandi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I work evenings, which is awful for eating habits. :S I can relate!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I was a nurse before becoming disabled so I totally understand working every different shift. Please add me for support and encouragement. My name is Kimberlee, 49.
  • Kejlina
    Kejlina Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    hey hey! medical lab tech here! i switch between days and nights and that totally screws me up sometimes. next month i'm switching to days and evenings. feel free to add me! :)

edited to add: my biggest problem when i switch to night shift? staying HYDRATED. i sometimes forget to drink water and then i get a UTI. eek!
  • vk0510
    vk0510 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi ya, I'm a nurse. I work in accident & emergency (ER) . i work 3 x 14 hour shifts a week then rotate onto nights every 5 weeks. Totally messes with my eating habits especially when on nights. I also have a 2 yr old daughter. I'm currently on leave following an operation. Going back next week eek! Sending a request :)
  • Lns25
    Lns25 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Another Nurse here too. With 3 small kids and work, I find it hard to eat properly, ESPECIALLY b/fast!
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I am a student nurse if that helps!
  • princess_salima
    Options
    happy to be supported to my fellow nurses
  • Jason3589
    Options
    I work for the police so like you my shifts are all over the place, 6 shifts on, 3 shifts off. Think you have to plan ahead. feel free to add
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I work overnights.
  • lovie55
    Options
    I work 12 hour shifts so do 3 to 4 shifts in a row a couple of days and a couple of nights and there are periods
    where I have up to 6 days off so I can get back into the swing of things but it is hard to know what to take to work.
    I have never found a dietician here in Australia that can tell me the best way to eat when I am working. All they
    say is eat normal.What is normal when you are awake at 2am ??
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Heya,

I work overnights as a mental health worker, but luckily my job allows me to sleep for about 5 hours. And it is part time.
    I also have weekend shifts, and another job on top of this that is Monday to Friday in the evening part-time.
    Having three jobs can be challenging to balance healthy eating and exercise, and takes a lot of planning!

Feel free to add me, fellow night owls!
  • TinaLucan
    TinaLucan Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Im a nurse, working nights only right now so I know the feeling!
    Pre-planning is key, otherwise i binge on toast :-)
    Ill add you!
  • lqtransformation130
    Options
    I work overnights totally can relate. I had to see a nutritionist to come up with a plan to
    get my eating on track without all the binging.
  • jemmasizzy
    Options
    Work three nights a week in nursing home!
    Know the routine of not eating being starving then binge eating!!
    Also have 5 kids too lol!
    Add me xx
  • ktc33
    ktc33 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm a nurse too!! I find it most difficult to stay on track when I'm at work. I work 5am to 5pm, 3 days a week.