Quick poll. Exercise and Calorie Intake.

Options
Just out of curiosity.

What's better to you:

A. An hour of hamster-wheel exercise that you have to force yourself to do.
or
B. Not eating that 300-400 calories.
or
C: I eat boogers

Replies

• bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    lol, i guess it depends on your goals. if you simply want to lose weight, then I'd have to say B.

I don't think running is the best thing for overall fitness, and I'm sure I"m going to gent an earful for actually saying that out loud since there seems to be a lot of runners here. So, if you are going for fitness, strength, etc, I'd say "C" none of the above.
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    B... a thousand times over.
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    This is not even close. It's WAAAY easier to lose weight through diet than exercise. In case anyone missed that... WAAAAAY easier.
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Right now I can't think of any food that is worth spending an hour on a treadmill for :wink:
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Right now I can't think of any food that is worth spending an hour on a treadmill for :wink:

Hwo about a thick sliceof bacon with nutella spread on it?
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    C) going for an hour's barefoot run along a smooth sandy beach with the waves lapping and sparkling in the sunshine. you don't tend to get that in a gym.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    C. Fun cardo. Only hamster wheels when i have to
  • Martoch
    Martoch Posts: 166
    Options
    This is not even close. It's WAAAY easier to lose weight through diet than exercise. In case anyone missed that... WAAAAAY easier.

^ What he said. B for sure.
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    C !!!! Lol!!
  • wildcherryhoney420
    Options
    B... a thousand times over.

^^^^^ about sums it up!
  • tatebos
    tatebos Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love to eat! I know I'm gonna eat!! I better burn some calories!!! Minimum burn is 400 per day!!!!
  • kindleworm99
    Options
    either a or c because boogers have a lot of sodium
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm going with secret answer D) It's best to create a slight caloric deficit by eating the right number of healthy calories. Is that 300-400 calories cake or a good combination of protein, fat, and carbs? Because if it's the latter, then I'd decide whether it fits into my allotted number of calories to maintain lean body mass, eat it, and worry about creating my deficit through exercise.

Healthy diet + exercise(strength and cardio) = fat reduction/muscle retention!
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    No hamster wheels for sure- but a nice hour long run on a gorgeous wooded trail is just fine with me.

Why in the world would I want to lose all this weight and still be out of shape? Seriously. I've been down that road and don't want to go back.

Woop, we posted at the same time, so I'll amend to say "What Hiker said"
  • Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    EXACTLY my problem. I'd pick the hamster wheel, even though I hate hamster wheels. I love my food too much, and I love a good heart excelerating workout.

I've actually read that eating boogers can increase your immunity and is good for you.

Just sayin'. In case there were any closet booger eaters....
  • deepbreaths_strongmoves
    Options
    I'm going to go with A.. I've found that I can't restrict my calories by too much or I won't keep up with it. MFP has me set at around 1300.. no thanks! I'd rather workout for awhile.
  • MrsPixelbark
    MrsPixelbark Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    B- I don't like to 'force' myself to do any exercise. For me, this is a lifestyle change, so in general if I don't 'enjoy' my exercise then I know full well I won't be able to keep it up for life.

I don't exercise so I can eat- but being able to come back after an hours run to a tea spoon of peanut butter is certainly a nice quirk. ;)
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    For me, the exercise is for all the other benefits....it started out so I could eat. I still occasionally get extra exercise (like running on holidays, etc) BUT I like the cardiovascular, cholesterol-lowering, hypertension-lowering, triglyceride-lowering, and body toning effects that exercise gets me - plus it helps with anxiety, depression, circulation and general frame of mind. If you chose an exercise you LIKE it isn't a hamster wheel or something you have to make yourself do. Find what you love, then do it for tons of reasons.
  • dancerom
    dancerom Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I do Lindy Hop for an hour or two (or three or four...) and then I eat with my friends ;-)