showering after exercise with sensitive skin/scalp/hair

Options
So ive been exercising pretty much every day now recently (C25K and 30 day shred) with one whole off day a week and i sweat quite alot, which means i need to shower after every exercise. The thing is ive got quite sensitive skin and scalp and ive got eczema on my scalp which can get bad with sweating and washing every day. I use a special shampoo once a week which does help.
But does anybody have any tricks or products which they swear by? to help with dryness and sensitivity?

Replies

• TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I use an aqueous cream to wash with if skin is bad (it can also be used as a moisturiser). I find though it doesn't clean sweat/b.o. up well though but helps if I use a normal sensitive shower gel and then follow with that. Then when I get out I use a paraffin/lanolin based thick cream (I use E45) to moisturise with.
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Exactly as TheArmadillo says. I always have aqueous cream in and you can get some very nice shower gels for sensitive skin. Could you maybe not wash your hair every time?
  • siggakolla
    siggakolla Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Exactly as TheArmadillo says. I always have aqueous cream in and you can get some very nice shower gels for sensitive skin. Could you maybe not wash your hair every time?

I have tried a few times yes, but usually my hair just stays yucky, if i dont have anything planned for the day i will just rinse my hair :smile: i definitely need to invest in some good creams! ive usually been ok if i just showered every other day but now its a bit impossible :tongue:
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Oh, jeez, this was the hardest thing I had to tackle.. I swear by Sebamed... google it - in the US it is available on line or at Some of the national drugstore chains. The bars are just as good as the liquid and last a long time. The lotion is good as well.
  • JNC1987
    Options
    Have you tried vinegar mixed with warm water your head smells like salads dressing but its better then sweat, I have folliculitis on my scalp and it can be really bad sometimes where I can't use any shampoos not. That vinegars great but it works better then nothing
  • amyakj
    amyakj Posts: 21
    Options
    What shampoo is it that you use once a week? I have struggled with scalp eczema for 15 years and I itch all the time and can only wear white so my flakes don't show. I have tried so many things. cortizone cream worked for a while to manage it but that no longer works anymore. Besides that it is VERY difficult to lotion your scalp with hair on your head :(
    So ive been exercising pretty much every day now recently (C25K and 30 day shred) with one whole off day a week and i sweat quite alot, which means i need to shower after every exercise. The thing is ive got quite sensitive skin and scalp and ive got eczema on my scalp which can get bad with sweating and washing every day. I use a special shampoo once a week which does help.
    But does anybody have any tricks or products which they swear by? to help with dryness and sensitivity?
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Make sure you moisturize every few hours! Find a good one that works for you. Also, what helps is putting the creams/steriods on before you step into the shower once in a while because you shower so frequently.
  • emily_bird
    Options
    Elizabeth Anne's baby cream (try for the liquid one that can be used as a shampoo and to shave) to BATH with.
    Extra Virgin olive oil as a moisturiser and to put on your scalp. It doesn't make you oily at all and it really absorbs int he skin quickly.
    Dove soap.

I highly recommend looking into natural products.
  • ErinGBragh
    ErinGBragh Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Try taking Omega-3s. They do wonders to your skin and help take the redness away by moisturizing from within. My skin looks amazing now, and it never did before. I take the dose meant for mood. It's really great for depression:

http://amzn.com/B001181OJG

Hope that helps!